6

My eyes flutter open, and I find myself in an unfamiliar bed. Confusion washes over me as I try to piece together the events of the previous night. Slowly, the realization dawns on me—I must have fallen asleep at Kylian's place.

As I stretch and yawn, I reach for my phone on the nightstand. My heart skips a beat when I see a flurry of missed calls and frantic messages from my brother. Worried, I quickly opened one of the messages to find my brother asking if I was okay and where I was.

Feeling a mix of relief and curiosity, I notice a neatly folded note placed beside my phone. I unfolded it, revealing Kylian's handwriting. The note reads:

"Amirah,

I'm sorry I'm not here when you wake up. I have a match tomorrow, so I have early morning training. You were sleeping so peacefully that I couldn't bring myself to wake you up. Make yourself at home and feel free to help yourself with anything you need. I've left my spare key on the nightstand, so you can lock the door when you leave.

Love,
Kylian"

Reading the note, a wave of comfort washes over me. Kylian's considerate words put me at ease, and I appreciate his thoughtfulness amidst his busy schedule.

I quickly get out of bed, slipping on my shoes that I find conveniently placed nearby.

With the spare key in my hand, I lock the door as instructed by Kylian. As I step out into the morning sunlight, I dial my brother's number. My voice is filled with reassurance as I tell him I'm safe and that I'll explain everything later.

As I walk down the street, guilt begins to gnaw at me. I can't shake off the feeling that I've caused my brother unnecessary worry and fear. I'm all the family he has, and vice versa.

With every step, I replay the missed calls and frantic messages in my mind. I can imagine the panic in his voice as he tried to reach me, and it weighs heavily on my heart. I keep thinking about how I'll apologize to him without making him feel like I am downplaying his reaction.

Lost in thought, I continue my walk down the street, determined to make things right with him.

As I turn the doorknob and step into our apartment, a wave of cold air greets me, sending a shiver down my spine. The atmosphere feels heavy, and I can sense the tension in the room. I follow the source of the chill and find Amir sitting in the living room, his arms crossed tightly over his chest. His disappointed expression is like a punch to the gut, intensifying the guilt I already feel.

I take a moment to gather my thoughts and emotions before approaching him. The silence hangs in the air, making the room feel even colder. With each step closer, my heart races, knowing that I have to face the consequences of my actions. I can't help but replay the events of the past twenty-five minutes in my mind, realizing how thoughtless I had been.

Finally, I stand in front of Amir, his eyes locked with mine. I can see the hurt and worry etched in his features, and it breaks my heart.

"Amir, I'm truly sorry," I begin, my voice filled with remorse. "We were watching a movie and I ended up falling asleep. I completely forgot to text you and let you know what I was doing."

Amir's gaze softens slightly, but his disappointment is still evident. "I was genuinely scared, not knowing where you were, who you were with or if you were safe," he admits, his voice tinged with concern. "You know that you're the only family I have."

I nod, feeling the weight of his words. "You're right, Amir. I should have communicated with you and let you know I was okay."

The tension in the room begins to ease as Amir's expression shifts from disappointment to a mix of relief and understanding. He uncrosses his arms, a small sign of forgiveness. "Just remember to keep me informed next time, okay? I care about you, and I want to know that you're safe."

I nod, "For sure."

As we are seated on the couch, Amir flicks my forehead, causing me to raise an eyebrow in surprise. "Ouch! Normally, I'd ask why you did that, but today I think it's definitely deserved," I say, rubbing my forehead lightly.

Amir grins mischievously. "You almost scared me to death, so yes, it's definitely deserved," he teases, his voice lighthearted.

We both burst into laughter, the tension from earlier completely dissipating. In that moment, I remember how fortunate I am to have a Amir as a brother. Our bond is unbreakable, and I'm truly grateful for him.

"So...was the person you were with who I think it might be?" He asks, raising his eyebrows curiously

"Yes" I say trying to stop myself from blushing

"Who is he? Do I know him?" Amir asks.

I chuckle, knowing where this conversation is headed. "We just started going out, so it's still fresh. But I'll introduce you to him when the time is right," I say, playing with the pillow in my hands.

Amir looks at me, his eyes gleaming with curiosity. "Oh, so now he's more than a friend?" he teases.

I throw the pillow at him, laughing. "Shut up."

-𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔

Heyy! Hope you guys are doing well. I know this chapter is mad boring but dw the next one will have more 'action' lol.

I started school Tuesday and I already hate it😭I don't know how the hell I'll keep going for the next ten months without losing my sanity 💔