06

Misaki still was trying to process what had happened tonight. She didn't expect to see this side of Leoni, it was for sure. All the insecurities that she didn't know could even graze the mind of her junior had shown themselves to her. The black-haired teen certainly didn't want her to see the other side of the coin, but his emotions had taken the better of him. Those insecurities were the barriers stopping them to create a bond that Misaki would love to share with Leoni.

From the angles from which she could see the situation, both of them were at fault.

Leoni did push her away and tried to distance himself from her. It angered her. She didn't look more into it. She could have done so, but she decided not to and labeled his attitude as something along the line of 'Doesn't like me because he simply doesn't like me'. She should have known that you can't simply dislike someone because you've said so. It was obvious that there was something bothering him and yet she failed to see that. But at the same time, Leoni should have done the same. He should have learned to know her better instead of trying his best to not even see her in his peripheral vision. The two of them didn't try to know each other and it was their mutual mistake.

Misaki had made it clear, but what about Leoni?

He did look like the type to hold grudges. He hoped he wouldn't hate her too much the next time they see each other. If there was a next time. He did look pretty upset, after all.

She hoped she could soon see him to apologize to him.

The third year sighed tiredly, her neck craning up to look once more at the moon that was watching over the human population, through the days and nights, even when the sun was hiding the satellite with its brightness through the days, the moon was still there, watching their every movements from up in the stars.

Some humans acted like the moon. Not always visible from the eyes, but always there. Physically or not.

She sighed once again, this time a shiver following her sigh as the weather only seemed to get colder by the minutes the night was taking. She embraced her shoulders with her arms, trying to provide her body some heat, but failed at doing so. She got up from the bench and brought her big black case behind her back, the straps of said case around the third year's shoulders as she started once again to roam around the streets of the neighborhood Misaki was in. With the goal to find her junior and apologize.

Her thoughts were cut short as her ears perked up at a distant suspicious sound a few streets away. Her eyes narrowed as she made her way toward the location as fast as her legs could take her. Her worries increasing as she could feel the presence of a strong curse and the cursed energy of her junior now that she was closer to the emplacement. The curse looked like to be a grade one or so. It wasn't grazing the grade S, but it was close enough.

She hoped that nothing had happened to Hinode.

While for Leoni, he was simply trying to survive through another night with a curse chasing him left to right without a break with the soft but cold moonlight, making the extravagant shadows to dance while the first year tried his best to fight back against the curse, his attempt not totally failing, but not successful either as he had managed to slash the curse a few times but either way, it would end up in him getting flung away and crash into the first thing that was in his way while the curse was healing from his useless attacks with a sickening laugh in the air.

The young sorcerer panted heavily, sweat rolling down his temple, the translucent salty liquid mixed with a thicker and colorful mixture, droplets of blood and sweat mixed together rolling down the length of his face to drip by his cheek, the strange mix tickling uncomfortably his skin as he kept on wiping the blood and sweat away from his face but to no avail as the two fluids, once again, began to spill out from his wounds and pores, one caused from exhaustion while the other was caused by his lack of strength to go up against a curse of this grade. He fought back dizziness, his eyelids dangerously heavier than they should be with a blurred vision causing him high pain in his head and a feeling that he was about to throw up at any given time. His ears were ringing painfully loud, not helping with the throbbing headache he had. The curse couldn't contain its laugh at the reduced form of the first year, the spiritual monster enjoying its one-sided fight.