•Chapter: 1•

~Today was the day I was going to make the biggest mistake of my life, I just didn't know it yet.~
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a normal Friday afternoon. School had just ended and I was waiting for my mom to pick me up at the parking lot. It was already dark and freezing cold outside. Even tho I had a thick jacket it didn't help. I am really tired and just wanted to go home.

Then I saw a light from afar. It was my mother's black BMW that was approaching me. We aren't exactly rich but we still got some money after mom got promoted at her job a couple of weeks back. That helped us a lot. You see, my father abandoned us at the hospital minutes after I was born. So we have always been a little tight on money until the start of last month.

That was really when it started to look up for us. But it still feels like something is missing in my life. A dad. My mom has started to go out with this guy named Sebastian but I don't trust him one bit.

I know he is using mom, and if I told her the truth she would just think I was trying to break them up or that I didn't want her to be happy. Which is not even close to the truth. I love her and really think she deserves to be happy but not in a toxic relationship with some dude that is cheating on her and using her for money and shit.

He also hates me. I don't really care about that because I hate him as much, if not even more.

So he doesn't count as a father figure. Then who does? My mom hasn't really dated someone except that Sebastian guy.

You know what? I don't need a dad. I have gotten this far perfectly fine by myself and I don't need any help at all. I'm 8 for god's sake! I think I can make it for the rest of my life alone.

All alone.. By myself... I don't need people to help me when I can do it all on my own. It's me and mom against the world!

"Jacob!" I snapped out of my thoughts at a woman's voice screaming my name in my face. She had long dirty blond hair and green eyes.

"sorry mom, I was spaced out," I answered truthfully as I looked her in the eyes. She sighed and moved her hand up to her face as she rubbed her forehead in frustration. I know she has had a long day at work. She says it's always extra busy on Fridays.

"just..get in the car, and we can discuss your day at the dining table." I did as she said and jumped in the backseat.

I don't like sitting in the front. I always get the sun in my eyes and it's always burning hot. So I prefer to sit in the back where I like it a lot more.

Mom jumped in the driver's seat almost immediately after me. She put the key in and started backing out of the parking lot.

The car ride was really quiet. Too quiet for my liking. Mom let out a light sigh and looked at me through the rare view mirror.

"Jacob, I'm sorry I have been in such a bad mood recently. It's just so much stress with work. And Sebastian hasn't really talked to me in the past week." that made me a little angry. I can't be quiet about this anymore. She deserves to know.

"Mom, I have told you. He is just using you! He doesn't love you." she was still looking through the mirror making direct eye contact with me, and her facial expression turned into a frown.

"I know you don't like him but you don't have to come up with a fake story that he is a gold digger or something!" the car speeded up a bit but mom was too focused on me to even realize it. But I did and was about to tell her to slow down.

"Mom, listen-" she cut me off in the middle of my sentence and started speaking instead.

"no Jacob, you listen to me. I don't understand why you dislike him so much. He is a good guy!" she speed up even more and I could her by her voice that she was getting pissed off.

"mom-"

"He has made me happier and he has helped me a lot lately. Don't you want me to be happy?" she sped up even more.

"of course I do, but-" she cut me off again.

"no but's Jacob! Listen to me and-"

"Mom! Look at the road!" I finally was able to say. She quickly got her attention back on the road but it was too late.

I saw a bright light that shined in my eyes before our car crashed into a truck in front of us. I heard my mom scream as the car swung over so now we where hanging upside down. A tree crashed through the window so it broke. My mom also hit her head on the roof of the car and I could see thick liquid drip down her face.

She was out.

I tried to open the door but it was impossible. So I broke a stick from the tree and crawled to the other side of the car. A took a deep breath and then swung the stick so it went through the window.

I crawled out of the window. The Jacket I had on kinda helped from the glass but it got stuck and ripped off. I got cuts almost everywhere on my body.

It hurt like hell but I had to keep going. I had to get out.

After a while of struggling, I finally got out. My vision was all blurry and I could feel the blood drip down my body. I stood up and looked around. I saw that my mom was still in the car and knew there was no way I would be able to get her out in time.

Then I heard an ear-piercing sound and saw red and blue blinking lights coming my way. I started to panic and did the only thing I could think of at the moment.

Run.

I ran and ran and ran. And I didn't stop until I was sure I was away from everything. The lights and the sounds. Everything.

When I stopped I had no idea where I was. And suddenly I could feel a wave of regret and guilt wash over me.

Why did I run!?

You could have helped her!

You killed your oven mom!

Murderer!

Murderer!

MURDERER!

Then I couldn't take it anymore. I feel backward and blacked out.

There I was laying down on the side of the road. My mind was blank and I felt empty inside.

And this was only the beginning...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends!

This is the new book I was talking about. I hope you guys like it and will keep reading it. I will be posting chapters here randomly and not almost every day like on my other book •stone•.

Anyways hope you like it and have a good day/night!

Disclaimer: sorry for any spelling mistakes. I will fix them all later, promise