•Chapter: 3•

In the office

------------------------------------------------------------------
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
" I don't have a father," I said.

It may sound a little bit harsh but that's how it feels. I have never had a fatherly figure in my life, especially not him. He fucking left me AND mom at the hospital the second I was born without saying a word. He didn't even leave a note. Just packed his things and we never saw him again. He never sent a card to me to wish me a happy birthday nor texted mom to ask how was doing.

He has never cared about me and it's pretty hard to believe that he would start now. So why is this happening? And how did he find me? He has never been my dad and I'll never see him as one. No matter what.

"Jacob I understand-"

"No. You don't understand. He is not my dad. He fucking left me at the hospital! All due respect ma'am, but I will not be leaving all my friends to go live with a man that doesn't even care about me." with that, I ran out of miss Chenille's office. I could hear her scream after me, telling me to come back but I didn't listen.

I ran up the stairs and hid in the old cleaning scrub. We aren't allowed to be there but the lock broke a while ago and nobody has fixed it. So it kinda became my secret place. I always go there when I need to be alone, which doesn't happen that often. I mostly ignore my problems and hope they go away by themselves. Which they often do.

But not this time. I can't ignore this. I know they will force me to go live with him either if I want it or not.

This is stupid.

Why do I have to go and live with my "dad" or whatever? They know that he abandoned me, so why force me? Did he pay them.? Maybe. Oh, how I hate that man!
If I see him I'll-

"Jacob?" a soft voice cut me off in the middle of my thought session.

"Sara?" I asked back.

"Jacob!" she exclaimed as she ran up and hugged me.

"I thought you already left with your new family. Why are you still here?" I asked as we ended the hug so we could make eye contact.

"Oh, I won't be leaving for another hour or so. But why are you sitting here all by yourself?"

"they said they have found my family," I answered. Sara froze for a second.

"but I thought your mom..." she started, not wanting to finish her sentence.

"yea she did."

"then who..." she was hit with realization and made an 'O' shape with her mouth.

"Yepp."

"but isn't that a good thing? You'll finally have a father figure in your life!"

I love Sara as a sister but sometimes she just doesn't understand the bad in things. She is like a ball of sunshine that always sees the good in things and tries to look at the bright side of things.

"It's not that easy. Sara, he doesn't love me."

"how do you know that for sure?"

"he left abandoned me as soon as I was born. I think that's enough evidence."

"maybe you should give him another chance. I'm not saying you HAVE to but think about it. You can finally get a dad I know you have always dreamt of!"