Eighteenth Morning

His lips brush against her earlobe, and she pushes into it, turning her head to give him better access to her neck. His mouth is warm, and she can feel the heat of his breath over her skin, but it's not enough. She wants more, and she wants it now.

It has nothing to do with the fact that she wakes up tangled with him in the sheets, arms and legs stretched all across him as she sleeps.

They did it again.

The first time had been unexpected, an accident in the sense that neither one of them had meant it to happen. They had just been exhausted and the need for rest was too great to ignore. But they had done it anyway. The second time, well, there was a lot more to it. A lot more meaning behind it. More passion.

She rolls over, pressing her hips into his abs. He groans, a deep growl that makes her shiver.

"We should really stop doing this," she murmurs halfheartedly.

"Really?" He questions, and she can tell he is mocking her. He lifts his hands, pushing her back down onto the mattress before he sits up as well. She can feel the heat of his body against hers, and she rolls her hips again to tease him.

"You know we shouldn't," he whispers enticingly into her ear, and she can't help but shiver.

"What if I want to?" she asks, feeling brave, and wanting to hear him say that he does.

He doesn't answer right away, instead opting for his usual trick and taking off his shirt. She laughs, biting her lip to keep from moaning when his body is revealed. He's not wearing a gi, but a pair of pajama pants and nothing else. She can see the outline of his bulge through the cloth, but she doesn't look at it directly because she knows she'll lose control.

He pulls her head closer, kissing her with a ravenous hunger. They haven't kissed like this since that night, and it seems to have the same effect on her as it always does. She kisses him back with abandon, clutching onto his back with one hand, and resting her head on his shoulder with the other.

It takes him a little while to find the words, but finally he breaks their kiss, staring down at her with such intensity, that she wonders if he's going to tell her he loves her.

She almost expects him to.

Instead, she gets an apology.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, his gaze flickering toward his hands.

"Don't be. I don't regret it," she tells him honestly, pulling him down to her, her lips finding his again, searching out the taste of him, and drinking him in.

He pulls away, sitting up and releasing her from the bed. She lowers herself, but he moves quickly to turn her around and push her back down.

"I mean it, Nya. This isn't fair. You're supposed to be asleep, and I'm not even in my bed. And I've already messed up your sheets, and I can't even imagine what I did to your pillow. I'm sorry, please, stop being so hot so I can leave you alone and sleep."

She looks at him, her eyebrows raised, and she's not sure whether he sees the amusement in her expression or not.

"Pillow?"

"Yeah. Pillows."

"You've ruined my pillow?" she teases, rolling over to face him.

He closes his eyes, leaning his head back on the mattress. He lets out a long exhale, and she can tell he's fighting to hold himself together. It's both hot and cute, especially coming from the hyperactive Master of Lightning.

She rolls back over, and kisses him on the cheek, then settles in beside him, giving a little distance between them.

"Whatever happened to just getting some sleep?" she asks teasingly, and he gives her a questioning look. She shrugs, and he lays back down on top of her.

"I didn't mean it like that. Just that you're taking advantage of me, or whatever."

She snorts. She can't help but give him a deep, joyful laugh.

"We could take advantage of each other, if that's what you're implying."

He tilts his head and frowns, glancing down at her breasts, then back up to her face.

"Maybe we should try that," he suggests, and she can't help but giggle again.

"Ok, fine, you've called my bluff. Right now, I just want to be held, okay? We both need a few more hours of sleep before sunrise exercises, and I don't want to wake up at dawn with regrets."

He nods, and she knows she's right. He's being genuine about it too, she can see. He doesn't want to force her to do anything she doesn't want to do, and that means the world to her. She smiles, and slips her arm around him, pulling him close once more.