Thirteenth Morning

When she wakes up, she feels his heavy weight on top of her. His warmth pulses with electric heat and the faint scent of his sweat is intoxicating. She doesn't want to move. She wants to stay cuddled in this bed forever. She needs time away from reality where she can just be a girl who has been taken by a handsome man. No more ninja responsibilities, no more inter-realm adventures, no more saving the world.

He's missed her dearly, she can tell he wants her bad, but it seems like he's taking things slow so that she isn't hurt again. It's nice to have someone make you feel safe and protected.

He rolls over onto his side, pulling her into him as she presses her palm flat against his chest. He groans softly, shifting under her arm and rolling back over until he faces her. His body is hard against hers, reminding her of the way he kissed her last night. The memories bring an ache between her legs as she gasps for breath.

His hands reach around her waist and pull her closer to his side. She sighs, closing her eyes, content in the moment. Her head rests against his shoulder as he pulls her closer, trapping her in his arms.

"You need to wake up," he whispers in her ear. "We're going to be late."

She blinks her eyes open. That's a lie, they have no obligations today. They could sleep all day if they wanted.

"Liar," she replies, pushing his arm off her. "I'm not waking up now. I'm too comfortable."

He laughs lightly, shaking his head. "Come on, let's get dressed."

She throws her arms up and stretches, making a show of arching her back and letting out a long, airy sigh.

"What could be more important than this?" She asks, gesturing to herself lying in the bed.

Jay chuckles, his arms wrapping around her midsection before pulling her tighter to him. She giggles at the sensation, a light tickle running down her spine. She knows he's teasing her but she cant help but laugh anyway.

"Nothing," he replies. He kisses the top of her head, his lips lingering there longer than necessary. He moves his hand from her stomach to her hip, and then begins to inch upward, moving over her sides and ribs. His hands slide back down to her thighs, caressing them slowly.

She pulls away from him, pressing her forehead to his. "Stop being a tease, Jay. Let me sleep in for once."

He grins, kissing her once before standing up. "I'll leave you alone so you can wake up properly."

She scowls at him, looking away so he can't see her blush.

He walks towards the door, pausing only briefly to turn and wink at her.