chapter twenty

Crystal

"Girl you look beautiful!" My friend Kayla said snapping a few pictures of me.

Today I am putting the finishing touches on my birthday event. I had to come and get the final add ons to my dress. I'm excited about my birthday. Despite all of the drama, my day is still a day to be celebrated. I invited Devale and Khadeen a long time ago when we were on good terms. I didn't tell them otherwise since then, I don't know if they're coming or not. I haven't spoken to them.

"How was Saint Lucia?" Kayla asked me.

"It was so much fun." I say smiling.

"I saw another girl in your pictures and it wasn't Lia." She says making me laugh.

I chuckle, "Her name is Stefania and we're just friends." I say shaking my head.

"Did you guys um-- Ya know?" Kayla asked winking her eyebrow.

I start laughing a little bit before nodding my head "yes" to her question.

"So do you like her?" She asks me.

"You're very curious." I say to Kayla making her shrug.

"I want to know everything." She admits. "I feel like I haven't spoken to you since before you started filming again." She said.

"I know I've been occupied." I say rolling my eyes.

"With what? Devale or Chido?" She asked me.

"Uh more Devale than Chido, but we did talk while I was in Saint Lucia." I tell her.

"Who?"

"Chido." I clarified. "We just had a friendly phone call."

When Chido and I talked, I could tell he was upset about a lot things. I did kind of lead him on and make him think we were going to be something more. That was my bad. So when he texted me, I called him and apologized. He said he was coming to my party and so I'm glad we're on good terms.

As far as Devale and I, I don't know what to do with that situation. We just need to end this whole situationship and go back to being the friends that we were. I don't even know if that's possible at this point. Especially because of everything that happened with Khadeen. I'm just gonna see how this whole thing plays out.

"Alright, your done. It'll be at your hotel tomorrow morning." My designer says as she hung the dress up.

I nod my head and put my street clothes back on. Kayla and I left and went to the nearest restaurant to grab some lunch.

"I love their pizza." Kayla said chewing her food with her eyes closed.

I laughed softly and shook my head. "Stop it." I giggle.

"Hey guys." I hear making me turn around.

"Oh thank you for finally joining me Lia." I sarcastically welcome my assistant.

"Sorry I had to talk to my mom." She said sitting down next to Kayla.

"Is everything okay?" I ask her.

"Um yeah, just her and my dad." She sighed. "They're going through some things." She tells me.

I frown and shake my head. "I'm sorry to hear that." She said.

Kayla rubbed her back, "It's okay babe. We can talk about Crystal and Devale instead." She says.

"No we can't." I say.

"I'd much rather talk about that." Lia says. "Have you talked to him?" She asks me.

"No." I proudly answer. "And I don't need to because I am over--" Just before I could finish my phone started ringing.