chapter thirty-two

Crystal

My eyes fluttered as I heard something vibrating near me in the bed. I looked to the right of me and saw my phone, but it that's not where the sound was coming from. Stacy shifted a little bit in her sleep and I saw her phone lighting up with a FaceTime call. I tapped her body trying to wake her up.

"Mph.." she hummed in her sleep.

She turned around and put her face deeper into her pillow. I chuckled and shook her head. She always was a deep sleeper. I used to sneak out of her house while she was asleep.

Her phone kept ringing and I started getting agitated. So I reached over her body and picked up the phone. By time I had it in my hand the call ended. I squinted curiously and unlocked her phone.

Mrs💍

The missed call said making me growl. I touched the phone with my thumb contemplating on going through anything. The text messages or even the camera roll. I went with the camera roll. Text messages can be deleted but people rarely delete intimate or personal pictures with their partners.

I scrolled through her photos and found exactly what I was looking for. Stacy and some girl, who had to be "Wifey". They didn't have a lot of pictures but they did have a lot of TikTok videos. I watched all of them and they all made want to throw up.

The weird thing was I saw a ring on the girls finger but Stacy wasn't wearing a ring in any of the pictures

The weird thing was I saw a ring on the girls finger but Stacy wasn't wearing a ring in any of the pictures. She damn sure didn't have one when I saw her last week.

"Stacy." I said shaking her.

"What?" She asked tiredly.

"Get out of my bed." I told her.

It took a few seconds but she finally sat up and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked looking my face.

"Your wife called." I said slamming the phone against her chest.

"Ow!" She said grabbing ahold of her phone. "What the fuck Crystal?"

"Don't what the fuck me." I say getting out the bed.

I grabbed my pants from the side of my bed and put them on.

"After everything I told about Devale you do the same shit." I say shaking my head. "What am I? Side bitch material?" I ask rhetorically.

"Crystal it's not like that." Stacy said pulling the cover over body.

"What are you- get out!" I yell pointing to the door.

"No." Stacy objected. "I'm not leaving you again. You're not even hearing me out." She said getting out the bed.

"Are you married or not?" I ask her calmly. "I need the whole truth." I tell her sternly.

Stacy sighed and rolled her head back. I knew the answer by the look on her face.

"Damn." I said punching my hand angrily. "What the fuck Stace? We not better than that?"

"Crys-"

"Are we not better than that?" I ask her.

"We are and the connection we have is better than the one I've tried to build with that woman." Stacy tells me.

"So what let me guess, you're separated?" I ask her.

"No we're still living together. But, we haven't been intimate in three months. She's started seeing other people. When I filed for divorce she said that it was bad timing, that Bella doesn't need to live in two separate households-"

"Bella? Who is Bella?" I ask her.

"Bella is my daughter. She's eight." Stacy says making me even more mad. "My egg but Jocelyn carried." She tells me.

"So you two have a bond..." I say sitting on my bed.

"You have no idea." Stacy said sitting next to me fully dressed. "I don't want you to think I'm playing you. I just still have so many thoughts floating around my head about you. I still love you." She said making me roll my eyes.

"What?" She asked me.

"You sound just like Devale-"

"Don't you dare. Don't you ever compare to that dirty son of a bitch." Stacy said standing up. "He's damaged you, I've done the complete opposite. I've loved you and taken care of you. In the past and now as we're speaking." She tells me.

"You are a joke." I tell her.

"That makes two of us." She says grabbing her shoes and her phone. "You act like you want a good person bjt the truth so you don't know how to be with one. This isn't new you've been like this."

"Don't try to make me feel bad about the fact that I've been used and abused by people I've given my heart to." I say grabbing Stacy by the wrist.

My grip was so tight that she could pull away and every time she tried to pull away all it did was make a red ring around her skin.

"Have you lost your mind?" Stacy asked yanking her arm away from me.

I released it and took a few steps back.

"Sorry." I mumbled nervously.

I know that Stacy would never put her hands on but that was the old Stacy I knew. This new Stacy might just want to get back at me and haul on my ass one good time.

"This is what's gonna happen, either I leave right now and never see you again, and we leave each other on bad terms AGAIN or you take my word and just trust me?" Stacy said in a suggesting tone.

I sighed deeply and tossed my head back.

"Fine." I groan. "I believe you- I'm gonna believe you.. but when are you going to get a divorce?"

"I've filed already, she just doesn't want to sign them." Stacy said wrapping her arms around me. "I will even call her back and put her on speaker for you to hear the way this woman talks to me. She gas lights me, belittles me, threatens to take my daughter-"

"Okay sh sh sh." I say grabbing her face. "I'm sorry. I didn't know-"

"How could you?" Stacy asked looking into my eyes. "I should've been honest and upfront it'll never happen again. I promise." She apologized making my heart melt.

A genuine apology. I haven't heard one of those in a minute. Devale and Khadeen should take a page out of Stacy's book. It's way easier to move on when you get an apology.

"I told Devale I was moving to LA." I confess to Stacy. "I don't know if I said that just to scare him or if I really meant it.." I say shaking my head.

"Wherever you choose to go, I will be right behind you. Forever." Stacy said our noses touched one another.

We gave each other a cute Eskimo kiss before connecting our lips. Everything in this moment made me feel happy. I don't want to lose it. I want to cherish it forever.