chapter twenty-nine

Crystal

I rinsed the last dish and put it in the dish washer

I rinsed the last dish and put it in the dish washer. KJ did make it to my house before me and she made me dinner. It was very nice. I appreciated the company. I didn't want to tell her but it did feel better to have somebody here with me for the night. Sometimes I do feel a little lonely, but that just goes to prove how much of an unnecessary space in my mind. It's like he's renting out my mental and he's not even paying for it. I hate that I even feel this way about him. I think once he goes back to New York and I start focusing on the baby, then I'll be okay.

KJ and I talked and she thinks that it's time to tell my parents. I don't know how I'm going to explain this situation to them. I wanted to tell them soon, but I don't want to tell them during the holidays. They're coming to me for Christmas along with some other family members, so I don't think that it would a good idea to bring that up during the unwrapping of presents.

When it comes to my career and how I'm going to move forward, I have no choice but to go to the press. It's going to be a hard band-aid to rip off, but the sooner I do it, the easier it will be. By time the baby comes I want to be at some kind of peace.

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock

"Hold on!" I said from the kitchen.

I turned the sink off and grabbed a towel to dry my wet hands. I walked to the door and looked through the peep hole. I opened the door.

"How'd you get my address?" I ask opening the door.

"I didn't have a choice but to haunt you down." Stacy said batting her eyelashes.

"Come in." I said opening the door for her to walk all the way in.

I closed the door behind her and walked through the hallway to the living room.

"Something to drink?" I ask her.

"No thank you." She said. "When were you gonna tell me?" She asked looking at the coffee table.

She held up a row of printed out ultrasound pictures.

I squinted, "I'm sorry.. I didn't know I owed you answered." I say grabbing them from her. "If anything, you owe me answers." I tell her.

Stacy looked at me and started laughing. It was that arrogant laugh that always made me want to slap her. I used to think that she believed that she owned the world and that everybody somehow owed her something. I see that nothing has changed.

"What do you want to know?" Stacy asked me.

I sigh deeply and sit down on the couch. I get comfortable with my legs crossed and rest my hands on my knees.

"Why did you want to leave Tennessee so bad?" I ask her.

Stacy nodded her head and sat down next to me. She ran her hands through her head before speaking.