chapter forty-two

Crystal

"Thank you for coming you guys

"Thank you for coming you guys." I say hugging my mom and dad.

"Of course baby." My mom said hugging me back.

Two weeks have past and Devale is back in Atlanta for Maya's christening. We were supposed to have it last week but we wanted to make sure that she was completely healthy and well. Everyone was in the same page so we moved it back.

Not only have I missed Devale like crazy, I've also had deep conversations with myself and God. Mostly God though. He's been telling me to speak my truth and be true to myself. If Devale and Khadeen are separating and really getting a divorce, I am open to trying a relationship with him. As far as my sexuality goes, I like women but I love Devale right now. I don't think I'd get with another man if we don't work out. I think with Devale it's our connection and it's more of an infatuation.

"Where's Devale?" My dad asked me.

"He's on the way, the boys are coming with so, he's probably trying to get them ready-"

"Oh he's bringing the kids?" My mom asked.

"I really wanted him to." I say nodding my head.

That was the truth. I called him and we talked about it. He was hesitant because he didn't know how Khadeen would feel. Once he got the okay from Khadeen, he brought them out down here. I'm happy because it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I want all of us to be a family whether or not Devale and I get together, that's it. I just want peace at the end of the day.

"Well as long as your happy, I'm happy." My mama said rubbing my shoulder.

"Thank you." I whisper. "I am happy-"

"Crystal she's crying!" I hear from the hallway of the church.

I turned my head and saw Lia walking into the sanctuary. She was holding Lia with a slight frown on her face. She wasn't crying, she was barely whining. I couldn't help but to laugh at how stressed Lia looked. She looked like she was ready to give up her job as being one of Maya's many god moms.

"Oh give her to me." I say grabbing Maya out her arms. "Hello Maya, are you sad?" I ask rocking her back and forth.

"That's good, take her." Lia said shaking my head. "I can't do it. Where's her dad?" She asked.

"Right here!" Devale's voice said walking into the church.

"Hi guys." I say waving to the boys. "No Kota?" I ask seeing all of the kids except for the youngest.

"He's with our mom." Jackson said. "Hi." He said waving awkwardly.

"Hi, how are you?" I ask him.

"I'm good." He said nodding. "Can I told her? I washed my hands." Jackson said smiling.