𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃

〞⩩ ﹒𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ›‹﹒one-shot : angsttws : noneau : none!! this chapter is based off of chap 51 of the manga !!

〞⩩ ﹒𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ›‹﹒
one-shot : angst
tws : none
au : none
!! this chapter is based off of
chap 51 of the manga !!

. . . 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐌𝐁 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐕𝐒 chainsaw man fight, the two teens washed up shore. silence lingered in the air, as the waves continued crashing with the two.

the blonde boy finally woke up, water entering his mouth from the waves. he looked over to the side, realizing reze woke up shortly after he did.

"...i don't believe it, why did you revive me?" reze sat up, hugging her knees as she waited for a response.

"i'm living my best life. no matter how often or how badly i get fucked up or die, i call it even if i get to eat something delicious the next day. but, if i catch you here and hand you over to the bureau, it feels like something wouldn't be right about that. like a fishbone caught in my throat. i'm living my best life, but that feeling in the back of my throat constantly poking at me would just be the worst." reze remained quiet after denji spoke, not knowing what to say.

"you're so weird, you know my mission is to get your heart, right? yet you keep me alive. if i give up on my mission, i'll never hear the end of it. why didn't you just kill me instead of reviving me or handing me to the bureau?" reze finally spoke up, glancing at the blonde before focusing her gaze on the ocean.

"...'dunno. i liked spending time with you, y'kno'? did you actually like me or were you just fucking with me?" denji stopped staring at the ocean, moving his gaze to the black-haired girl next to him.

"...i did like you. at first, i pretended to blush. i was taught how to do that. but, eventually it was actual blush. it sucked knowing i had to kill you, but, if i didn't, i would die. i don't want to die." reze spoke, sighing before giving the boy a sad smile.

"...why don't we just run away? i'm still up for that offer. i'll protect you like you'll protect me. you can still be good, y'kno'?"

reze stayed quiet after hearing denji's suggestion. she wanted to, so desperately, but she couldn't. she looked away as she tried formulating a response. "i...i can't, you know i can't."

denji didn't speak, he just stared at the ocean. reze also stared at the ocean, guilt forming on her mind as she frowned.

the two stayed like that for a while, until reze suddenly stood up, walking over to denji and crouching, before giving him a hug. denji tensed up, surprised at the gesture, before hugging back.

"...maybe we'll meet again. i mean, i don't know when that will be, but, i'll be waiting." she gave the blonde a sad smile, before walking away, not letting him reply to her.

denji stayed at the beach, thoughts of reze filling his mind as he endlessly stared at the ocean and it's waves.

he genuinely liked reze, even if they met just a few days ago. he enjoyed her company, and he loved thinking about all the memories they've made over the past few days. he's definitely going to miss her, but, she was right. they'll eventually meet again.

or so he hoped.

〞⩩ ﹒𝐀/𝐍 ›‹﹒hey guys! i'm so sorry for the inactivity, i've been pretty busy w/ school and irl stuff, but i'm back! i'll try posting at least on chapter every week :) thank you for your patience <3

〞⩩ ﹒𝐀/𝐍 ›‹﹒
hey guys! i'm so sorry for the inactivity, i've been pretty busy w/ school and irl stuff, but i'm back! i'll try posting at least on chapter every week :) thank you for your patience <3