The Start

No one

A girl was walking around the town of Maha Sarakham, Thailand. She was wearing a Thai dress that she had received as a gift from her grandmother whom was also her neighbor. She had brown hair with blonde streaks through it. She loved her hometown and refused to go to America where her mother was. She loved her mother, but she refused to learn a different language because of the whole protocol thing or something related to English, but yet she learned English from her grandmother who married an Air Force man, her grandfather.

People greeted her.

The girl nodded her head in greeting and bowed to some people. She then walked over to a dress shop to look around and see if she wanted to buy something.

"Wạn nī̂ khuṇ kảlạng mxng h̄ā xarị xyū̀?" asked an employee. (1)

"C̄hạn khæ̀ mxng pị rxb«pheụ̄̀x sụ̄̂x k̄hxng h̄ı̂ yāy," replied the girl as she looked up to answer. (2)

"Khuṇ yāy k̄hxng khuṇ chxb p̣hās̄ʹā xạngkvs̄ʹ ẁā xarị? Bxk c̄hạn t̄ĥā khuṇ t̂xngkār xarị," asked the employee. (3)

"Khuṇ yāy k̄hxng c̄hạn chxb kherụ̄̀xngpradạb bæb khlās̄ s̄ik," replied the young woman as she looked around. (4)

"Mā dū kạn ẁā c̄hạn mī xarị b̂āng." She brought her over to an area of the shop. (5)

The young woman followed her as she looked around for something to gift her grandmother.

They arrived at where the jewelry was set up.

She looked at all the jewelry and noticed one that her grandmother would love to have. "C̄hạn k̄hx dū xạn nī̂ dị̂ h̄ịm?" (6)

She looked at the one she pointed out, before nodding

She looked at the one she pointed out, before nodding. "Chı̀. H̄ı̂ c̄hạn pị h̄ā khuṇ." She goes around to grab it carefully. (7)

The young woman nodded her head and smiled in thanks as she looked outside the shop to see a lot of people wandering around.

"Khuṇ ca sụ̄̂x mạn h̄ịm?" the employee asked. (8)

"Dị̂ pord," the young woman replied, nodding her head. (9)

The employee gave her the price.

She paid the amount.

She then left with her purchase.

She wondered if her uncle, her mother's half-brother, was going to stay with the family for a few days with his wife to help her cook something for dinner that night.

Her phone beeped.

She went to the side of the road and fished her phone out of her bag she brought with her.

She saw a notification from Discord.

She pressed the notification and her phone opened to the app.

It was a text message from her online friend.