Released and Confessions

None

Chala was sleeping in her hospital bed as the doctors were checking her vitals again. It's been a few days since she had her breakdown, and she hasn't fully recovered from it.

Brett was by her side.

The doctors then filed out of the room, leaving one with the blond male.

Brett asked how everything was.

"Everything is fine, though we are worried about the bags that are showing under her eyes," the doctor tells him. It was true. Chala had light bags under her eyes. She's been having nightmares for the last few days. She woke up sobbing and whimpering about being rejected by her parents.

"She won't really tell me what she's dreaming about. It might be nightmares," Brett says.

"I understand. Here." The doctor passed over a bottle of pills. "These are the pills she will need to take in case she has pain in her ribs and back."

"Is that all?" Brett asked.

"Yes." The doctor walked to the door. "Oh, one more thing." He stopped just before he stepped out of the room.

Brett gave him a confused look.

"Have her take it easy for a few days. Try not to let her stress over things so much." The doctor then left after that.

Brett looked at Chala.

The brunette-blonde let out a small whine as she felt the sun's rays on her face.

The blond chuckled.

He noticed she was slowly opening her eyes.

"Morning, Chala," he said.

The girl could only manage a tired hum in response.

"You hungry?" he asked.

She shook her head, but her stomach grumbled.

Brett got up to go get food.

Chala watched him leave and thought back to her grandmother. She yawned.

She looked around for something to do.

She was too exhausted to try and reach for her phone. She knows she needs to charge it, but this world isn't advanced like hers is.

She heard a knock on the new door.

She turned to look at the door and wondered who was knocking.

"Can I come in?" Kya asked.

Chala hummed.

Kya walked in, smiling.

Chala smiled at her friend. She was happy to know her friend was okay.

"You look like you didn't sleep," Kya says.

"Not really," Chala whispered. She sighed as she tried forgetting about the nightmare of being rejected by Brett last night.

Kya looked concerned at her.

"I'll be okay." Chala smiled at her friend to assure her that she'll be okay.

Brett soon returned.

She looked up and blinked.

He had a tray of food.

She went to sit up.

He placed the tray in front of her.

She sighed. She hated being like this. She hated the fact that everyone was worried about her and her injuries. It made her feel bad that they were worrying over her.