Sunset Over Seoul (ch.3)

You closed your laptop and sat there in silence, but you could still hear Rosé's voice shouting "Lets partayyy" repeating in your head. You tried to make sense of things but your thoughts were numbed but a deep, aching pain.

Instead of thinking anything at all you just walked to the window and watched as the sun set over Seoul. It was beautiful, in a tragic kind of way.

You weren't sure just how long you sat there, could've been one minute or ten. Out of the corner of your eye you saw a figure take a tentative step towards you.

It was Alice. She joined you at the window and offered a sympathetic smile, although it quickly disappeared when she saw just how much pain was in your eyes. You hadn't noticed but they were filling with tears.

She was looking for the right words to say but you just shook your head and looked away. You didn't want to start a conversation about this; after all Rosé was her sister. Despite this, she was a kind person and had always been like a big sister to you.

"Hey... hey..." she didn't say anything else but pulled you into a warm hug. You didn't move at first but soon found yourself holding on tight, not wanting to let go. This was all you needed.

"I know Y/N. I know." she sighed.

"Did... did you hear us?" you asked, swallowing.

Alice looked down and nodded. "Yeah. Sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"Don't worry about it."

"I'm sorry she's been putting you through this. I've noticed it, we've all noticed it," she said, obviously referring to her family. "With Rosie so caught up in the high life, lately it just feels like..."

"Like she's taking you for granted?" you suggested.

"Yeah... exactly. She's changed a lot. She's got so much going on right now and we all feel pushed to the side. Mom and Dad miss her a lot... Mom got really upset when she decided she wanted to spend Christmas in Paris instead of at home like we always do. And I can't even imagine how hard it's been for you."

"I'm just so tired Alice. I feel like I can't keep up with her anymore... sometimes I don't know how much more I can take." you were surprised that you were spilling your heart to your girlfriend's own sister right now, but you were comfortable around her and she was someone you knew you could trust.

Alice's eyes opened wide. She hadn't know it was this serious. "R-really...? As in... end things with Rosie?"

You were about to nod, but when you saw her kind eyes full of fear you just couldn't bring yourself to tell her the truth.

"No, I mean not yet at least. I get scared when I think of cutting off what's been 7 years out lives. I just need time to think."

She gave you another hug. "Take your time Y/N. I know deep down my sister still loves you, please don't give up on her just yet... and you know I'm always a phonecall away. Mom and Dad too - you're family now, don't forget."

The full truth you'd hidden from her formed a lump in your throat. "Thanks Alice."

"Always Y/N."

You let go of each other and Alice left with Hank. With them gone you felt a whole new level of emptiness eating you alive. Without Hank here anymore, you had nobody in this big empty apartment.

You heard a knock at the door and saw Alice walk back in holding Hank, who was whining and stretching out his arms towards you.

She smiled softly. "I think Hank wants to stay with you. He started howling when I took him out - which he never does - and I thought it might be nice for you to have some company."

She put him down and he ran over and nuzzled his head on your leg. You smiled and picked the little dog up, momentarily forgetting the pain.

"Thanks. I think he's exactly what I need right now."

"No problem Y/N. Take care of yourself ok?"

"Of course. Goodbye Alice."

You sat back down at the window, saturating in your emotions. Time passed and you watched the sun disappear over the horizon and the city fade to dusk. Hank was there by your side keeping you company - he always seemed to know when you were feeling down.

You picked up your phone, thinking about calling Rosé to end it right then and there - but you paused and recalled Alice's words from earlier: Deep down my sister still loves you, please don't give up on her just yet.

A Snapchat notification suddenly came in. It was from Rosé. You momentarily forgot all about breaking up with her and excitedly opened the snap. It was a pretty selfie of her at the party with a pouty face, captioned "wish you were here Y/N :("

You were torn between your conflicting emotions. Your better judgement was weary and tried to remind you not to trust her, but it lost to the romantic that was just so happy she'd messaged first for once. You snapped her back with a selfie of you and Hank, "me too. we miss you."

You waited a long time for a reply but none came. Eventually you gave up and got ready for bed. You'd just climbed under the covers and were plugging your phone in to charge for the night when you got several more snaps, all from her.

You opened them anxiously, hoping she wanted to talk, but they were all just party videos: her and all her famous friends, clinking champagne glasses and dancing.

It stung to see her yet again having the time of her life without you. Why did she have to rub it in like that? You wondered if she was drunk. You then discovered that all the videos she'd sent you were also on her story - she'd probably sent them to a bunch of people, not just you.

You scoffed and almost threw your phone, but you couldn't stop looking and refreshing for her snap story updates.

More videos came in. She was definitely drunk, dancing wildly and slurring her speech. You were hardly surprised since it happened regularly these days. You'd actually been suspecting for a while she had a drinking problem, and went crazy like this as a way to cope with her anxiety.

Put down the phone and sleep damn it, your voice of reason said. But it was so hard when her snaps kept getting wilder.

You opened another video and immediately hated what you saw.

There was a handsome guy dancing beside her, probably a popular model, influencer, actor or whatever. And he was getting too close for your liking.

A jolt of anxiety flooded through you. You could see the way he was looking at her - and she wasn't doing anything to stop him. What was even worse was that it was the last snap on her story. No more updates came after.

You doubted you'd be able to sleep but were going to try anyway when you got a text from your best friend Minho. You were tired and just wanted to forget everything, but opened it anyway.

He'd sent a link to a Twitter video and said "Y/N... have you seen this?" 😕