Rosé - Top of the Eiffel

"Everything is delicious, thank you" I answered the waiter at the fancy restaurant in Paris. I wasn't just being polite - this was some of the best food I'd ever had. From the 3rd story floor where the restaurant was situated, I also had a beautiful panoramic view of Paris's evening lights through the floor-to-ceiling glass. Everything was perfect - it was just missing one thing.

If only I had a special someone to share it with, I thought as I stared out at the city of love. I had a good life - came from a good family, did well at school and work, and had supportive friends. But still, a girlfriend was what I really wanted. I have to confess I'm a hopeless romantic, which seems to be an endangered species these days. If only I could find someone who could love as passionately as I wanted to.

"Ready for the bill?" The waiter startled me and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Please."

It was a little expensive but worth it; after all Paris wasn't something you experience every day.

"Are you here for Fashion Week?" he asked, making casual conversation.

"Oh I hadn't even realized it was fashion week. I was just looking for a break from work to be honest."

"Well you chose the right city. But if you get a chance, go check out one of the shows. It only happens once a year after all."

I nodded and thanked the waiter, handing the debit machine back and putting my coat on. It was only around 6:00 pm so I decided to follow his suggestion and see if I could check out any of the Paris Fashion Week events.

When I got into the taxi I asked the driver if there were any events going on that evening.

"Hmmm... I believe there's YSL on tonight actually. I can take you there if you like, the show is in the park by the Eiffel."

"That sounds great, let's go there."

Suddenly something struck me, hard. Rosé from Blackpink, my ultimate bias and crush, was a YSL global ambassador and was probably attending the show. How did I not think of this before! I thought, At least it's not too late, maybe I can catch a glimpse of her.

When the taxi dropped me off at the park there was no mistaking where the YSL show was; there was a massive crowd, fences and security surrounding, and far in the distance I could make out a stage and runway with bright lights. I tried to get closer, clinging to my dream of seeing Rosé in person, but it was clear that even if I did I probably wouldn't recognize her at this distance since the event was clearly closed off.

Feeling down even more than before, I glumly walked across the grass to the other main attraction in the park, the one and only Eiffel Tower. It was grand, and in person truly a sight to behold. When I got to the base there were signs and a rope saying it was closed to the public. Fucking great, I thought, now in a sour mood. It seemed nothing could go my way at the moment.

I was a little surprised there were no guards, until noticed I some people in uniforms a ways away who were distracted and trying to get a view of the YSL show. I smirked and ducked the rope, not giving a flying f*ck at this point.

The climb up was more tiring than I'd expected but it was definitely worth it. From up here I had a brilliant view of the show, and the runway was lit up with a huge "YSL" as the models strutted down it. Of course it was too far to see anything well, but still it was a spectacle with the glistening lights of Paris in the background.

Yep, this is the city of love. Ironic that I feel all alone, I thought glumly. I stayed at the top of the tower for a long time, mulling over life, love, past decisions, wondering how I even ended up here all alone.