Rosé - She Loved You III

Another year passed, another year of accomplishments and accolades piling up. You made you debut in America and found unprecedented levels of success for a Korean act. You were considered an ambassador for Korea, and were even nominated for a Grammy.

It was also another year with Irene, which was sparkling and sweet. Everyone envied you, told you constantly how perfect your life was and how amazing it must feel to be you; however, you couldn't shake the feeling that a piece was still missing.

"Morning babe" Irene said as she walked through the bedroom door in your shared apartment. "I made breakfast. Get up and eat so we can go shopping!"

You were still half asleep and shopping was the last thing you wanted to do right now, but you were so whipped for that gorgeous face that you dragged yourself out of bed.

An hour later you two were at the mall, fully disguised with facemasks and low hats to avoid causing a frenzy. Irene wanted to go to the jewelry store (as usual) and you told her you would sit down for a minute and take a break. However, she really seemed to want you to join her for some reason, and once again you simped and followed behind her.

"These rings are so lovely, don't you think?" she said as she admired them through the display cases.

"Yeah, for sure" you mumbled, not really paying attention.

"Y/N you're not even looking! Omg this one is so perfect, look."

You begrudgingly looking over at the ornate diamond ring she was pointing at.

"It's nice yeah, diamond."

"Yes, diamond" Irene said purposefully and batted her eyelashes. It was then you realized that above you on the wall was a painting of a man on one knee, offering a ring to a woman in proposal.

It clicked and all at once you were hit with a strong uncomfortable feeling.

"I'm not feeling great, just gonna step outside for a sec" you said and excused yourself.

You turned and walked briskly, finding a single person washroom and locking the door behind you. The uneasy feeling when Irene had hinted at marriage had been so swift and unexpected. However, one thing was now clear: she wasn't the one you wanted to marry, definitely not.

Your relationship with her hadn't been bad by any means, but now that you thought about it, just didn't seem to have the genuine love and deep connection you longed for. It seemed as if you'd ended up together simply because it made sense; you were both famous, rich, good looking and highly sought after.

But love wasn't something that was supposed to make sense or be based on logic. Love was something that's supposed to be felt in your heart, when you adore and care for another person even when you've seen them at their worst. Love wasn't meant to be shared with the person who looked the best with you, it was meant to be shared with the person who brought out the best in you.

You stared at your distressed face in the bathroom mirror and tried to think if you'd ever felt that before. At once the answer came to you, in the form of a painful memory that you'd avoided thinking about since before your debut.

It was so obvious you were amused it hasn't crossed you mind in so long. Rosie - she had truly loved you, you had truly loved her; that's what love felt like. And you wanted to feel it again, with her.

You were suddenly flooded with emotions as you remembered how she went against her own desires so you could accomplish your dreams.
How your heart had ached as she didn't give you a choice but to put your career ahead of her. How you'd promised you wouldn't forget her when you became famous, and how you'd be back for her as soon as your dating ban was lifted.