*.~°neteyam + lo'ak + y/n°~.*

neteyam and lo'ak try fizzy drink :->

~

y/n pov

i was sitting at my desk in the lab, silently sipping at my drink as i skimmed through different books, none of them capturing my interest.

"it's not fair that you guys can breathe my air for like 10 hours and be fine, but i can't even breathe yours for 10 seconds without dying."

i roll my eyes at spider's complaint.
no matter how many times the other lab hand and i tried to explain how the high concentration of CO2 would cause humans to suffocate, he'd never truly understand what that meant.

i close the book in front of me, grabbing my drink before spinning my chair around to face the group as the hiss of oxygen masks joins the quiet hum of machines in the mostly silent area.

"hey." standing up letting the group know i was here, kiri gives me a small smile before wondering off towards graces avatar, spider following after the 7-foot blue girl.

"whatcha got there?" lo'ak asks, motioning toward the drink in my hands, as he and his brother walk to stand in front of me.

"just a drink." i answer, looking up at the blue boys that stand in front of me.
'it's hard to believe that they're both similar in age to me and are 2-3 feet taller then most of the human here.'

"oh, thank eywa, i'm so thirsty," neteyam says as he slightly bends and takes the can from my hands.

my eyes widen, but before i can warn the boy about how he definitely won't like this drink, he's already taking a huge swig of it.

as soon as neteyam had finished swallowing the mouth a liquid, he immediately started coughing, burping, and panicking.

he thrusted the hand that still held the can towards lo'ak's chest as a sign to take it.

all i could do was stand wide-eyed and stare, unsure if i should run to grab a glass of water or start patting the poor boy on the back.

over teary-eyed neteyams' coughs, i could hear spiders' laughter echo from a few feet away.

looking over toward him and kiri, i could see he had his arms rapped around his stomach as he leaned back with eyes teary like neteyams, while kiri only looked up at her older brother with a confused and disgusted look before rolling her eyes and going back to what she was doing.

when i look back over towards the two brothers in front of me, lo'ak has a goofy smirk of his face as he tries not to laugh at neteyam, who is hunched over his hands on his knees like he was winded or was about to be sick.

i take a few steps toward neteyam and rest my hand on his back. "are you okay?"

through his heaving breathing, neteyam only manages to throw a hand up and make a noise, signalling a..... yes?

lo'ak could no longer hold back his laugh as he held up the aluminium can that looked miniature in his hand. "bro, there's no way you just-" his own laughter cutting him off. "i bet i can handle this little drink."

"wait, lo'ak-" this time i was being cut off as lo'ak take a even bigger mouth full then his brother, and of course he had the same reaction as his brother.

i take the can from lo'ak, as he too bends over in a coughing fit, and put in on the desk behind me.

kiri and spider make their way toward me and stop once they're also in front of the two blue brother, only now slighting sniffling and coughing occasionally.

"it's pretty interesting knowing that's how they react to drinking what they breathe." i mumble, "they don't breath soda." spider comments over hearing observation.

i roll my eyes at the painted boy. "no, you idiot, the CO2 that make the drink fizzy?"
spider stood there for a second, letting his eye wonder around, "there's CO2 in soda?"

i can only manage to let out a grunt at his idiocy as i turn my attention back to the brother in front of us.

"i definitely did better than neteyam."

~

word count : 709