*.~°aonung x y/n°~.*

requested by Being_0livia

aonung x human!reader

~

y/n pov

it's just past midday, and a light breeze is swaying the leaves above each of the suspended pods that were occupied with families eating lunch.

i was walking along the elastic bridges that connected each of the pods, hearing the mumbling of conversations from inside them along with the occasional hiss from my oxygen mask.

i was holding a large shallow bowl of different fruits from around the island, along with small flowers from the bushes lining the shores.

j also carried a bag that was hanging around my elbow and was filled with homemade goods that neytiri had made. the net bag consisted of different colours of loincloths, beautifully crafted necklaces, and delicate shawls that took hours to make.

neytiri hadn't been adjusting to the move very well, only participating in swimming lessons early in the morning before returning to our family pod for the rest of the day. that's how i had so many different clothes to give considering how little time we had been here.

i was making my way to the olo'eyktan's pod; it was only somewhat larger than the others and was located slightly in front of them, hanging over the ocean water between the larger roots of the trees that seemed to circle the island.

"hello!" i called out as i approached the opened side of the pod, taking a deep breath as my mask hissed once again. i stepped inside the pod, but still hadn't received an answer, so i assumed no one was home and i'd have to wait for the family's return to apologise for my brothers' behavior.

lo'ak had punched the shit out of the olo'eyktan's son, aonung, after he and his little group of friends had called kiri, and the rest of our family freaks. neteyam had joined lo'ak in beating up the group of metkayina boys.

i appeared next to kiri about halfway through the fight, and honestly, i was almost embarrassed as i watched lo'ak get dragged by his tail through the wet sand and shallow water.

"can i help you?" i spun around quickly, another hiss coming from my mask as i gasped slightly. aonung had seemingly materialised out of thin air. "um, i came to apologise for my brothers' actions toward you and your friends," i replied, lifting the bowl of fruit a bit, "that and neytiri thought it would be good for me to try and get on your mother's good side."

aonung let out a short chuckle. "i'm afraid no one can get on her good side, not even her children," he joked. it felt like he was staring me down, and more than just that i was feet shorter than him.

it felt like he was staring into my soul. my eye darted around the tightly woven straw floors, trying to avoid eye contact with the turquoise-coloured boy in front of me.

finally looking back up at him, i realise his left eye is swollen. i hiss at the potential pain he could be in. i bring one of my legs up to rest the bottom of the bowl i was holding and say, "that's going to bruise badly." i bring my now free hand up to point at the boy's eye.

aonung nods his head, "you must know a lot about bruises." i frown my brows, confused as to why he would assume that "you know cause of all the fighting your family has done against the sky people." i place my foot back on the ground and hold the bowl with both hands. "uh yea, i guess we did a lot of that." i nod back at him, looking back down this time to inspect the fruit and flowers in the bowl.

"it's kind of weird that you, a sky person, fight against your people." aonung starts to walk around me, circling me and stopping behind me, scrutinising every inch of my being. "i may be human, but i am not a sky person; i was born among the people; i grew up a na'vi," i argue with him as i lift my head and look over my shoulder at him.