*.~°sully family + y/n°~.*

(a/n this took me forever to write y'all better appreciate it 🫵
also i hate the way 'colonel' is spelt)

sully family + human!y/n

~

y/n pov

kiri, lo'ak, spider, tuk and i are climbing down the hallelujah mountains swinging from roots of trees that had grown over the side of the floating rock formations, balancing over mossy root-chained bridges linking each island together.

as we are running along one of the plant covered twisted-root bridges, spider jumps over a large gap from one side of the roots to the other.

"go, monkey boy!" kiri shouts, encouraging spider's reckless behaviour. "guys! wait up!" tuk shouts back, going from her slight skip to a jog to catch up.

i was being a lot more cautious compared to the others, especially spider, knowing i wasn't born with the natural talent of swing through trees like our blue friends were.

once we had made it down from the mountains, we were jogging through the forest, hopping over small ditches and occasionally ducking under low hanging branches.

i was running behind kiri in the very back, knowing i would want to stop to look at all the different plants and creatures living down in the forest and not hold everyone else up.

i see tuk squat down in front of a purple plant with one large petal coming from the back of it while it had pale blue antenna like tentacles coming from the centre.

kiri ran past tuk while i stop to stand beside her to also look at the weird plant that she had just shoved her blue hand into. the pale tentacles were grabbing at her hand like suction cups.

"tuk keep up!" lo'ak shouts, waving his hand in a follow motion from the other side of the fallen tree covered in different types of moss, ferns, and small flowers, acting as a walkway over a large ditch that i can only assume was once a small river.

standing up from her squatting position, tuk responds, "okay, okay." before skipping along the tree, i follow close behind her, rolling my eyes at lo'ak singling out tuk while i was standing right next to her. he's just pissy cause he didn't want her to come.

"bro why'd you bring her anyways?" spider asks lo'ak from behind him, jumping up a small rise in the ground. "she's such a crybaby," lo'ak responds as he throws out his arms in exaggeration before slowing to a stop and turning around to face the rest of us.

"she's all 'i'm telling. you're not suppose to go to the battlefield.'" "i'll tell mum if you don't let me come." lo'ak explains in a mocking high voice, "don't pick on her." kiri defends tuk while she leans out from behind spider, sticking her tongue out at lo'ak. i cant help but smile and let out a small giggle at the family's interaction.

"come on." lo'ak calls back at spider as they both climb up large plant covered roots to get closer to a battered helicopter suspended in the air by large vines that had rapped around it.

"oh, sick!" spider said as he followed lo'ak up and toward the open side of the helicopter. tuk having followed them up the massive tree roots stopping half way to ask, "are there any dead bodies up there?"

i pray in my head to eywa that there isn't a dead body, now wishing i had wondered off with kiri to look at the different plants and weird little creature instead of standing here looking up at lo'ak, spider, and tuk as they rummaged through the decomposing helicopter.

once lo'ak, spider, and tuk had climbed back down from the mossy roots, leaving the helicopter behind, they joined me back on the ground to look for kiri to get home before eclipse.