things change

"You know when things are going so well that you can hardly believe it?"

Blair heard Stella talking on the phone later in the evening, she knew that Bo was on the other end of the conversation, but she refused to eavesdrop. She just tried to imagine how his reaction to her confession would be. His eyes would ignite with passion, like when he talks about a new exhibit at the museum or how he just picked up the prettiest edition of his favourite book. She smiled then stepped into her room, closing the door behind her.

What would things be like, if the two of them were paired? She wondered. They were her best friends.

Surely, things wouldn't change between the two of them. She and Stella would still spend time together, live together, do their favourite activities together. It was different from when she went abroad. They would still be able to hang out, instead of having a video call. Blair much preferred being beside her, instead of waiting for the call to stop buffering.

Blair was caught on a brief moment of thinking about her future. She imagined herself exploring a faraway place, but the memory dissipated just as quickly as it materialized.

-

Matty stood outside her door. He was nervously rocking from one foot to the other. Maybe he should just go. He turned to leave as the door opened behind him.

"Oh, hi."

He turned to see who he presumed to be Blair's roommate, Stella. "Hello."

She was very pretty, with dreamy eyes and a sweet smile. "Are you here for Blair?" He shyly nodded.

"Sorry, I can't stay and chat. I have to kiss a boy." She left the door open for him after bellowing into the house that someone was at the door.

Their shoulders brushed in the hallway as he stepped into their flat. "Hello?" he called out. Then he saw her, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Hi," she said. Her hair fell delicately over her shoulders when she leaned her head on the doorframe. "What's up?"

"Honestly, I dropped you off and just kept walking around the block because I wanted to see you again." He shifted from foot to foot awkwardly.

"That's weird," Blair said flatly. His breaths quickened when he felt his eyes start to blink furiously.

"Oh, um..." Matty shook his hair with his hands, but Blair just laughed. She cut the tension quickly by offering a cup of tea. "No, thanks, I just wanted to ask if we could maybe get dinner later."

She smiled sweetly. "That sounds lovely."