Chapter 40

Fight is when you do things for yourself or for others. What I did back in that office was for my brother. He's my brother and I will do my best to fight for him. To protect him. Ariene maybe blind by hatred just like my grandmother. And just like my grandmother, I will forgive her but not now, maybe when the right time comes.

Nadagdagan pa ang galit ko sa kaniya dahil sa nasaksihan ko sa office na iyon. They didn't do something wrong or maybe... I didn't see Claine cheating. She was her secretary and Ariene had the right to be in that office. They were best friends too. I know that. Nirerespeto ko ang pagkakaibigan nila. Pero hanggang pagkakaibigan lang ba talaga?

When I entered that room, I felt like I was being fooled by them. Lalo na si Claine.

I wonder why he didn't want to give me ring. More than being a girlfriend he wanted. Sinagot ko siya. I know the consequences when I gave him the assurance and commitment. I'll be his girlfriend and his fiancé. And no ring? I mean...

Napapikit ako. I think he's the one who wasn't serious in our relationship.

"I'm sorry about your brother..." he says.

Does he know that Ariene did that. Alam na niya bago ko malaman?

"Did you know it already before me?" I asked.

I don't care if my question dissapoint him.

Kumunot ang noo niya. "What? I was shocked when you entered my office and...."

"Claine I'm not stupid. Gusto mo lang naman makapaghiganti sa ginawa ko noon. I understand your relationship with Ariene. I... I lost you years ago... And I don't know if until now I still lost you. Kaya sana itigil mo na ang kalokohang ito. Let's stop it."

He clenched his jaw. Galing sa naguguluhan na ekspresiyon bigla itong nagiba. It became darker. I've never seen this madness from him. Also, disappointment.

He let out a mocking chuckled. "Sa tingin mo paghihiganti ang lahat ng ito? Huh?"

"Yes, Claine! You're doing things that made me fall harder to get your revenge! And what? You will dump me and choose Ariene. And I understand. I will."

"Revenge." Natatawa siya sa salitang iyon. Like it's the funniest thing he ever heard in his entire life.

"You think our relationship is all about my revenge? Yes. I want revenge! But I love you Hillary Morgan more than anything. Naiintindihan mo? I fucking love you and you don't believe it?"

Hindi ako nakapagsalita.

"I asked you one more time. Do you believe that I love you? Because when you say yes to me, I believe you did."

Napahikbi ako. Naramdaman ko ang paglapit niya sa akin.