8

Kiara's pov

I stormed out of Colby and I's room, slamming the door shut behind me.

I was so sick of him, all I wanted was to be a happy person, with a good baby and a good husband.

Only a third of that's true.

I walked down the stairs, stopping once again at Colby's wedding photos.

Mine were upstairs by Kat and Sam's room, hidden from view of any guests or intruders.

There was no reason for Colby to ask where they were, he was the one that put them there.

So why would he ask for information that he already knew?

He looked so happy in these photos, where he's posing with Sam and Nate in one, and even Kavin in another.

There was the one from him cutting the cake, which I showed everyone earlier when we were talking about Colby's nose.

That situation still baffled me. As Corey had pointed out, Colby doesn't even train.

So why was he using a gun? And why was he sloppy with the recoil, sloppy enough that it hit him square in the nose?

And how come his nose isn't black and blue, but still a different size?

I walked down the hallway and into the kitchen, where Sam and Devyn were talking.

"Guys," I said in a hushed tone, "That's not Colby,"

"What are you talking about?" Devyn asked, "Who else would it be?"

"He has been acting a little weird all day," Sam said, with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm Colby's wife, yeah?" I asked, glancing hack and forth between them, "Gabby is usually head over heels for Colby and once she saw him today she wanted nothing to do with him. His nose is a completely different shape, fuck his story about the gun,"

"I guess it would make sense," Sam pondered, "But if that's not Colby, then where is he?"

"Oh my god," I gasped, just realizing that Colby most likely wasn't safe right now, "We need to find him. Now,"

"Okay, Devyn, go and get everyone and tell them to come downstairs right now," Sam instructed, clearly taking charge of the situation.

She nodded, hardly letting out a "got it" before darting up the stairs.

It couldn't have been a minute later that everyone was quickly filing down the stairs, Kat holding Gabby.

I quickly reached for her, pulling her from Kat's arms and wrapping her in my own, balancing her on my hip.

"Okay, I'm only saying this once and I have to be very quiet about it so listen up," Sam commanded, "Colby has been kidnapped, or replaced. The man upstairs right now is not Colby, and it seems that he hasn't been all day. So, Corey and I are going to the office to try and figure out how to get Colby back, and I'll send a few people back here to help you guys just in case things go south,"

"Kat and Stas will stay with Gabby twenty-four seven," Sam continued, causing me to internally cringe.

Stas did her best to avoid Gabby, so this wouldn't be a pleasant experience for her. "Can she sleep in the back hallway, or even in the living room?" I asked, not really caring that I interrupted.  "I just don't want her near him for any reason,"

"Of course, we'll put her in our room," Sam glanced at Kat, as if double checking that it was okay.

She nodded with a grin, sending a wink in my direction.

I loved how open their relationship was, even after being together for almost ten years.

"This door will be locked, and Jake will have the key to let anyone in or out," Sam said, pointing to the door that closed off the back staircase.

Everyone seemed equally surprised that Jake would be trusted with such a duty, and even he had raised his eyebrows at the sound of that.

"I'm sorry, Kiara, but we'll have to leave you with this imposter, since by now he is probably aware that you and Colby are married," Sam apologized, and even though my heart was twisting so much I was afraid it would tear, I nodded.

"But I want audio and video devices installed in every room on that floor, especially my room," I instructed.

"Whenever I send people here, that'll be the first thing they do," Sam reassured before looking at everyone else, "Any questions?"

"What about me?" Jillian piped up, "You didn't give me a task,"

"You're pretty skilled on what Devyn has been showing you in her and Colby's office upstairs," Sam observed, "So you'll be doing her job from home,"

Jillian nodded, biting her lip to hide her eager expression. 

Even though I have never seen Jillian work, I know that she'd be determined to do everything properly, and maybe do a little extra to help out when Devyn came home.

That was if Colby ever came home. I don't know where he is, or where he could be.

Was he kidnapped, or did he choose to run away?

If he was kidnapped, wouldn't he have put up a fight?

And if he had chosen to run away, couldn't he have seen the consequences to his actions? 

I crossed my arms over my body, not knowing what else to do.

I didn't want to go upstairs where this Colby imposter - who was also a complete stranger - was probably going through my stuff or laying in my bed. 

"We're going to try and find him as quickly as possible, so Corey and I are leaving now," Sam said, catching a pair of keys from Devyn.

"Be safe you guys," I said, "And try to keep us updated,"

We waited until the front door shut, signaling that Corey and Sam had left before moving an inch.

"Has anyone seen Stas?" Kat asked, causing Jillian to go pale.

"She didn't come down here?" Jake asked, before going over to the stairs and yelling, "Yo, Stas. Are you up there?"

We all began looking through the house for Stas, and I even went to go check the hallway where the Imposter was.

There was no sign of him or her, so I went back downstairs to report the news.

"Someone should call Sam and let him know she's missing," I instructed when most of us were back in the kitchen, "And tell him to see if he can tap in to the city cameras still, Colby has them set up everywhere,"

Now, our search for Colby has expanded to finding Stas, too.

Something in my gut tells me that they might be connected.