9

Kiara's pov

Hesitantly, I pushed open the door to the bedroom.

"Colby?" I asked quietly, glancing around the room to see that man laying in my bed, shirtless.

I let my eyes roam his body, a smirk playing its games on my face.

"You like what you see?" He asked, his smirk a little seductive, to say the least.

This stranger would not have his way with me. This was my game, and he was one of the willing players.

"No wonder you've been training," I said, making eye contact with his dull, gray appearing eyes, "You really need it,"

Colby's stomach was a work of art, sculpted like a piece of hardened clay. Spiced up with a few tattoos and a scar or two, I would stare at it day and night if we had the time.

This poser, however, could not compete. Hardly a six pack, his V-line was hardly existent. He was rather pale, with no tattoos.

Yeah, so not my type. And here he was, thinking I was eating up his body with my eyes.

I felt bad for him, I really did.

He was nowhere near as attractive as Colby was, his nose larger, his eyes empty of any emotion other than lust and hurt from my pitiful insult. He was paler than Sam, giving him a sickly appearance.

"Yeah, you really should work out," I said softly, biting my lip. "How are we supposed to play batman and robin if you don't look the part?"

"What?" This man looked absolutely baffled, his shocked expression almost sent me laughing to my grave.

"That's your favorite, right?" I asked gently, running my fingers through my hair.

It wasn't really, but I loved the idea of messing with this chump.

I need to make this good so I can laugh about it later.

"Oh, y-yeah," He sat up, going from a more relaxed to a more closed off position on my bed.

My bed. Not his.

I didn't give a shit about what Sam's plan was, I wanted this man gone and I wanted Colby home.

And I was not going to sit here and let this idiot think he was smart.

I sauntered across the room to the bed, crawling across it to where "Colby" was sitting.

"But that's okay," I said with a pout, "We can play another game,"

I crawled into his lap, straddling him as I felt his hands reach up and grab my ass.

"Ah ah," I shook my finger at him, pushing his hands off me and grabbing the knife that was tucked into the back strap of my suit.

I pulled it out, pinching the knife into his neck, "Only my husband touches my ass, you stupid fuck,"

"What are you talking about?" The guy asked, clearly still trying to play the part.

"If you think for a split second that I don't know Colby enough to know when someone is pretending to be him then you are out of your fucking mind," I said sternly.

"Tell me where he is, and maybe I'll consider not killing you," I shrugged, and when he stayed silent, I pressed the tip of the blade into his neck. 

He reacted to that, using his greater weight to flip us over so he was on top, trying to push the knife towards my neck and away from his.

"You'll never find Colby," He growled, "He's already dead, anyway, so there's no point,"

"Bullshit," I said before spitting in his face.

"You don't believe me? Let's just put your little friend on the phone," He taunted, rubbing his face on his shirt to clean my spit off it.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, giving another shove at the knife so it was back on his neck.

Jake and Colby have been key parts in my training over the years, even though I'm relatively tiny. I knew how to fight a man, oftentimes they underestimate a woman's strength simply because we are built differently.

It's rather sexist, in my opinion, but after having to get into a few shootouts and fights over the years, it's proven to be true.

"Why would I tell you?" He asked, "Obviously if you're so smart you can figure it out,"

"You know what," I huffed, "I'm sick of hearing you talk,"

I lunged forward, stabbing his neck and twisting it.

His body twitched before falling limp, and I hurried and slid out of the way before he collapsed onto the bed, which would have crushed me.

I paraded into the bathroom, quickly cleaning the blood off my hands before shedding my clothes.

I switched into black jeans and put on one of Colby's white button up shirts, tucking half of it in before grabbing a pair of white heels.

I didn't glance over at my bed, knowing it would have to be cleaned before the sheets were ruined.

They were expensive bed sheets, and I was honestly very disappointed that he made such a mess on my bed.

Usually there was a maid around here, along with the crew that came in every morning to make sure the house was clean.

Hopefully they won't mind coming early. I would like to get a good night's sleep tonight.

I didn't bother telling anyone I was leaving, taking matters into my own hands.

They'd find out when they went upstairs to see what mess was left in my room.

I had grabbed the keys to Colby's old Corolla, one of the least used vehicles we owned.

I think Colby only kept it because it was a gift from his mom, but after all these years it still ran smoothly.

I sped down to the office, quickly making my way inside.

Everyone here knew to either treat me with respect or to ignore me, so that's what they did.

I got very few greetings before I entered the passcode to get into the security room, where all of the cameras and tracking devices were kept.

This would be the room that would get me to Colby.

And then maybe Stas, if I was feeling generous.