~the troublemakers~

meet the troublemakers:

jessica jacobs, a.k.a jess. jess was the cool older sister and was two years older than karl. she was the unspoken leader of the group; always the first to try a dangerous stunt, and always the one to willingly take the blame when it inevitably went wrong. she didn't mind, though. it was her job. jess knew how to have fun. she was brave and strong and the younger ones looked up to her for that.

karl jacobs. he was the jester of the group. it was one of the things that claire liked most about him. his sense of humour and immaculate comedic timing made him the funniest among them. he was also caring. he was always by luke's side when he cried, always by jess's side when she needed help, and by claire's side the rest of the time. karl was someone you could always count on for help, for advice, for company, or for some comic relief in an awkward situation.

claire thompson. claire tried to be just as daring as jess (only succeeding some of the time) because she looked up to her so much. she loved every moment she spent with the troublemakers. her secret crush on karl jacobs, her partner in crime. her adoration for his older sister. her roll as protector to her younger brother, luke. well, protector, and nagger . . . these were all things she loved.

luke thompson. being younger than the rest of the group, he was forgotten sometimes. he always tried his best to keep up with the group. every once in a while, he'd surprise them all by taking the first huge leap in their next stunt or adventure. but most of the time, he'd fall flat on his face and surprise no one by crying about it. that's when karl came in, his role model. karl taught him to be brave, while jess and claire taught him to be strong. he learned something special from each member of the group. and even though he was a little bit of a burden sometimes, he fit in just as well as the rest of them.

the troublemakers: a group unmatched. they filled their days with everything kids want in their lives: games, adventures, challenges, friendships. although they spent time together all year round, there was something extra special about that week in autumn. returning to the cabin year after year was a highlight for each of them.