14

she thought about luke's proposition, and ultimately decided it was crazy.

seriously, showing up at someone's doorstep unannounced and uninvited, confessing your love for them, and waiting for an answer? that was crazy! wasn't it?

but sometimes crazy wasn't such a bad thing.

as much as she wanted to ignore her feelings for karl and never confess to him, she knew that that wasn't how it worked. she knew that she would be furious with herself if suddenly she found it was too late.

so. she decided she would do it.

but that didn't mean she wasn't terrified.

"i've never done anything like this before, luke. why don't you just tell him for me?"

luke scoffed. "no way. i'll come with you, but then you're on your own. he needs to hear it from you, claire."

claire sighed.

"okay, wanna hear the plan?"

"you already came up with a plan-?"

"so, first i'll text jess and make sure they're home. don't worry, i'll tell her not to spill to karl. then we drive there tomorrow-"

"TOMORROW?"

"-and you'll tell karl everything. then, happily ever after!"

"this is happening too quickly . . . i don't know if i can do it . . ."

"of course you can, claire. don't even worry about, i'll handle everything."

*luke's perspective*

jess

hey, it's luke

this is kinda sudden, but can claire and i come
by your house tomorrow?

claire wants to confess to karl . . .

omg, yes!!!

finally.

i've been telling karl to do this for weeks.

(he likes her too)

wait, he does?? knew it!!

i heavily suspected, but i didn't know
you knew already.

should i tell claire? she's pretty nervous

noo, let it be a surprise!!

i can see how she'd be nervous, but it'll be
so much better if she's surprised.

right.

omg im so excited, i've been
waiting for this moment

i hope i get to witness it.

i'll be in the car, wanna come
out and join me?

then we can both watch

yesssss

thanks luke

you're such a good brother,
claire's lucky to have you

i'm lucky to have her :)

*claire's perspective*

claire wasn't sure how luke had managed to figure out her feelings for karl, but she knew that in about 17 hours, she would either love him or hate him for it.

"jess is expecting us around noon tomorrow. does that sound okay?"

her stomach clenched. hearing the exact time made everything suddenly so much more real. she could perfectly visualize herself tomorrow standing at karl's door . . . saying . . .

what would she even say?

even more butterflies spawned in her stomach at the thought of it.

"luke, i can't believe you're making me do this."

"hey, i'm not making you do anything. just heavily encouraging. plus, i'm pretty sure you'll be thanking me after."

claire covered her face with her hands. "but what if he rejects me right to my face?"

luke smirked. "i have a pretty good feeling he won't."