Chapter Five

The town fills with nighttime activities in the main street area of Hidariwakibara Cho. Various bars and 24/7 stores are open; young people litter the streets headed to a party or a club, and many office workers have clocked out for the day head home. She walks through the streets wearing a low-profile outfit to avoid standing out while she performs her nightly patrol. (Y/N) keeps her head on a swivel looking for potential dangers. As if on cue, she passes by an alley where she sees someone getting shaken down for money by some cliché gangsters.

"I think you broke my arm! That's like one million yen to fix!" one gangster yells, his buddy backing him up. "Yeah! Are you going to take some responsibility for that? Huh!" the helpless victim shakes like a leaf, the shadows of the two gangsters looming over them. Suddenly the gangsters are yanked back by their collars. "Don't take money that you didn't earn!" The gangsters' heads knock together, and the bodies drop like weights. (Y/N) looks to the victim, who is now terrified of her, and she bows to them. "I apologize for disturbing you, have a good night." She walks away, leaving the victim in a daze.

After patrolling for another two hours, she heads to a convenience store for some fast food. She buys a cup of ramen with string cheese and bottled water. After preparing her simple meal, she eats at the dedicated seating area. The ramen warms her chilled body, and a content smile appears.

Unbeknownst to her, Saki watches her from afar. "Maybe I didn't have to worry about her; so far, all she's doing is help people." he takes a bite of his coffee jelly. "I'll leave her alone, but if she gets close again, I'll deal with her." And with that, Saiki teleports home with his coffee jelly leaving the girl to continue her duties.

(Y/N) is back on patrol. She begins walking, thinking, "This has been a slow night. If this keeps up, maybe I can go home early." She's brought out of her thoughts by a yelp. "On second thought, this night is gonna be a little busy." (Y/N) runs to the sound of the scream, and her eyes widen. "What are my classmates doing here!?"

Saiki, Kaido, Kuboyasu, and Nendo find themselves surrounded by thugs after a late-night ramen dinner gone wrong. As usual, Saiki is unamused with the situation, "Good grief, why does the writer of this fanfiction have to put in random bouts of action? Oh well, I guess it adds to the story." Meanwhile, Kaido was cowering in fear but blabbering about his 'power' "Y-You thugs better ba-back off before I get angry!" Kuboyasu was fired up, ready to beat these knuckleheads. "You boys ready to die?" And then there was Nendo. "You guys here to get ramen too?"

(Y/N) did not waste any time. She jumped into action. In quick movements, she delivered single blows to the head of each thug, leaving a trail of unconscious bodies behind her. This little beatdown wasn't enough for her to break a sweat; it was all too easy, so easy she didn't know her hood had come down, revealing her hair. "Hey, do I know you from somewhere?" Nendo inquired while pointing at the girl. (Y/N) froze in place, watching a strand of her hair come into view, she finally realizes her dilemma. "Oh, crap."

Kuboyasu is the first to move; he walks toward their mysteriously feminine savior. "Well, whoever you are, thank you for saving-" he's stopped when the girl runs away, leaving him dumbfounded. Once his mind catches up to the situation, he calls her, "Hey, wait! I just wanted to thank you!" but she's too far gone, and the boys are left bewildered. Saiki watched the girls retreating figure. "Alright, fine, I'll do you this one favor." he figured as the Nanana mascot appeared in his hand.

The next day at PK Academy (Y/N) was in her classroom, surrounded by an aura of dread; her intrusive thoughts had never left her since the last night. "They saw me; they know how I am. What if they do recognize me? What if they expose me? What if I'm forever bothered by their presence? What if they hunt me down? This whole thing is a nightmare!" her worrying is interrupted by Saiki's thoughts entering her mind. "You can stop worrying now. I've taken care of everything."

Meanwhile, Kaido he's sitting on Saiki's desk recounting last night's terrifying events "That whole thing was scary. I mean, we could have gotten killed. But then that girl was there," Kaido begins trailing off and goes into the flashback. "When that girl's hood fell, I saw. . .a gorgon's snake hair hissing at us! We surely would have been turned to stone if it wasn't for my amazing power! Thanks to me, the Jet-Black Wings!" "Leave it to Kaido to create a radically overdone memory." Saiki thought while sighing. Saiki didn't even attempt to listen to Nendo when he began doing a flashback "Snake lady, dude, no way! I saw a giant Mechagodzilla with laserbeams for eyes!" "No, a snake-headed gorgon almost turned us to stone!" Kaido argued.

Kuboyasu sat at his desk, pondering last night, "I can't shake the feeling that I knew that girl from somewhere." he then goes into a flashback "That girl. . .her hair was a mullet, and it was orange! She must've been from a women's gang but had no significant colors or a symbol. Could she have been a lone wolf?" Back in the classroom, Kuboyasu looks out the window in wonder. "I need to find this girl; I want to thank her and maybe. . ." Saiki knew what Kuboyasu wanted and thought, "Sorry, Kuboyasu, but you'll have to let this one go for now. She should remain a mystery to you."

(Y/N) smiled and hoped that Saiki would hear these thoughts. "Thank you, Saiki, I owe you one." to which she heard a response, "You owe me three coffee jellies for each memory I had to erase." (Y/N) sweat dropped. "Of course."