Chapter 1

"It's your quirk! Not his!"

Izuku Midoriya.

He still didn't know what to make of him. He no longer thought he was All Might's secret love child. (Although there was always the possibility...)

It had been a few weeks since the Sports Festival, and he still couldn't believe that his classmates were actually starting to... talk to him? And he was now using his left side more frequently. None of it made sense.

"Of course it makes sense. If we would just open ourselves up more, then we could actually make some friends!"

He sighed, "Will you please be quiet? I am trying to focus."

"And why exactly do you get to be in charge all the time anyway?"

"Because I am the main personality!" he slammed his fist on the desk in his room. "You're the alter. Not me."

"Are we sure about that?"

*****

"I can't raise him anymore. His left side... I just can't..."

"Mom...?"

It was that night that changed everything. As the bowling water, poured down his face, he couldn't take it anymore. His father abused him during training, he wasn't allowed to see his siblings, and now his mother, the one person who always protected him, finally snapped. And so did he.

He didn't notice it at first, but in time, he would come to realize that he now had two separate people living in his body.

The first was Todoroki. He embodied his ice side. Todoroki was cold and contemplative. He didn't speak unless spoken to. He didn't show emotion. He figured that if he closed himself off from the world and did as he was told, he was less likely to get hurt.

Shoto made up his fire side. Shoto was the embodiment of his childhood hopes and dreams. He wanted to be a hero, who could save people with a smile. He likes having fun and laughing, but also can become easily upset. He tends to let his emotions run away with him.

Together, they could form one complete person. However, Todoroki is the stronger of the two and does not let Shoto show himself. He can't risk showing his emotions. Not with a father like Endeavor.

But after he finally accepted his fire side at the Sports Festival, things have begun to change.

*****

"So let me get this straight, you're willing to finally accept me so that you can have my powers, but you don't want to actually let me be in control. Is that right?" Shoto spoke from within his mind.

Todoroki sighed and responded out loud. "Look, I appreciate that you have very strong abilities. I would have thought you would have been happy that I was finally letting you use them."

"But I'm not the one using them!" Shoto yelled, giving him a slight headache "You're the one that's in charge! You've always been in charge! You've never even given me a chance to live, for even a day!"

"I know you're upset..." he tried to be as gentle as he could. "But I've done it to protect you. To protect us. When we split... it was a blessing in disguise. You're so emotional. If Father ever saw that side of us, then he would punish us even more."

"Oh sure... bring it all back to Endeavor."

"You weren't the one that has had to endure the pain all these years." He stated plainly. "I have kept you safe."

"No. You've kept yourself safe. And I'm tired of it." Todoroki gasped, as he felt something shift in his mind. "And I'm tired of it. It's my turn now..."

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! :) I hope you liked the first chapter. I upload every weekend, so I'll "see" you then! Go Beyond, Plus Ultra!! BYE!)