Chapter 9

Todoroki went back to class, and besides an odd look from Mr. Aizawa and Midoriya, things seemed to be going smoothly.

"All right everyone," they all turned back to Mr. Aizawa, "For this next assignment you can choose to either work by yourself, or in pairs. I really don't care." He then wrapped himself up in his sleeping bag and began to take a nap.

Todoroki was about to get out of his work to start working on his own, but Shoto beat him to the punch. "Izuku, wanna pair up?"

Izuku looked over at him in confusion, before smiling. "Sure Todoroki."

"I told you to call me Shoto!"

Izuku frowned, as he sat at the desk next to him. "You did, but then you asked us to go back to saying Todoroki... So I wasn't sure which you preferred..."

"You're right, Todoroki is fine. Thank you. And on second thought, I think I'll work by myself..."

"Nonsense! Shoto is great! And I'd love it if we worked together!"

Izuku was staring at him like a dear caught in headlights.

"You're scaring him..." he muttered under his breath before sighing. There was no getting out of this now. "I'm sorry... Izuku..." it felt so weird to say that. "I wasn't feeling very well. Sorry if I came off weird. You can call me whatever you are most comfortable with."

"Um... I think I'll go with... Shoto. If that's all right!" he said quickly. "After our sleepover, we've all started calling each other by our first names. So, I figured it would make sense to call you by yours too."

"Ha! Take that! He picked mine!"

Todoroki suddenly stood up and turned to Mr. Aizawa, "I apologize Sensei, but I am not feeling well. May I return to the dorms for the day?"

Aizawa sat up and glanced at Midoriya who was looking pale. "Of course... Ida, can you share your notes with Todoroki at the end of the day?"

"Of course Sensei!" he saluted.

Aizawa looked back at him, "Todoroki, are you all right?"

"Yes sir. I'm just not feeling well. I'm sure I will be fine in the morning."

"No, we won't, because you won't..."

Todoroki shut him up by biting down on his hand. The class watched in horror as he appeared to try to talk around his hand, as blood leaked from the bite marks. Before they could ask any more questions, he grabbed his bag and ran out of the room.

Aizawa stared out over the stunned class. "Start talking. Now..."

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! Go beyond, plus ultra!!)