Chapter 2

Todoroki groaned as his alarm went off the next morning. His head was foggy, but he remembered the conversation that he had had with Shoto the night before. It was a conversation they had a lot, but it never seemed to go anywhere. Shoto just didn't understand that if Todoroki let him control the body, they would just get hurt more. The world is a cruel place.

The alarm kept blaring, and he went to turn it off. But... he couldn't move!

"It's a weird feeling isn't it." Todoroki froze, "Not being able to control your own body. Trying oh so desperately, to try to move. But you just can't. you feel trapped. It's almost suffocating, isn't it?"

"What are you doing?" Todoroki tried desperately to move. "How did you take control?"

"You accepting the flames at the Sports Festival, finally gave me enough strength to switch with you. So I'm going to enjoy it for a while." Shoto stood up and moved over to the closet. "Don't worry, I'm not like you. I'll let you take over every once and a while. I hope that we can eventually come to some kind of 50/50 agreement."

"No, we can't!" Todoroki yelled through their mind. "Don't you get it? Father is going to destroy you! Our classmates won't understand us. Neither will the teachers! We probably won't even be allowed to become heroes anymore, and will be put in a hospital like mom! You have to let me take control again."

"Sorry. Not today Todo. Now, what should we wear today?"

*****

"Has anyone seen Todoroki? He and Ida are usually the first ones here and class is about to start."

Tsu glanced over at the clock, "Midoriya is right, it's odd for him to be this late. Did any of you guys pass him coming out of the dorms?"

"Aw, is Deku worried about me?"

They all looked up in surprise as Shoto walked in the door. The tie of his uniform was loose, and he had the sleeves of his jacket rolled up.

He walked over to Midoriya and ruffled his hair, "Don't worry, I just lost track of time. No problems here."

"To-Todoroki!" Midoriya stuttered, "Um... good... good morning! Are you... feeling all right?"

He grinned at him, "Never better!"

"Stop that! You're acting weird! Midoriya isn't going to know what's going on and is going to freak out!" Todoroki chastised him.

Shoto couldn't respond while they were in public, so he just smiled in response.

"Todoroki, I must implore you to fix your attire before Mr. Aizawa gets here." Ida karate chopped his arms for emphasis.

"Always a stickler for the rules, Class Rep. That's all right..." he rolled down his sleeves and fixed his tie, although it wasn't as tight as he would normally have it. "you kind of remind me of someone else I know."

His classmates all shared looks of confusion with one another. What happened to the cold, closed-off Todoroki that they had known all year?

He went over to his seat and began pulling out the supplies he would need for class. "Hey Yaoyorozu, how was your weekend?"

"Huh?" she had never heard Todoroki make small talk, "um... it was good. My family and I actually went to the beach on Saturday."

"Oh, that sounds fun!" he turned so that his full attention was on her. "Did you have a good time?"

"This is so embarrassing."

"Yeah." She smiled, "We really did." They continued talking until Mr. Aizawa walked in. this sure had been an odd morning so far...

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! I hope you're liking it so far. Sorry, if the formatting is kinda messed up, I'm having to send this on my tablet cuz my computer's in the shop lol. I tried to fix it the best I could, but sorry again if anything looks weird. Thanks again for reading. Go beyond, plus ultra! See you next week! :) Bye!)