Chapter 14

That night, they all sat on the couch together, enjoying the movie. Shoto didn't say anything the entire time, even though Todoroki tried to get him to engage with their classmates. It was clear he was ignoring him.

The next day, Todoroki woke up to someone petting his hair. When he blinked his eyes open, he saw All Might sitting on the couch next to him.

"All Might?" he slowly sat up and wiped the sleep from his eyes.

"Good morning young Todoroki." He looked down at him with a sad smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes... where is everyone?"

"I believe they all went shopping for some kind of surprise." He gave him a wink. "They're very worried about you."

"I know..." he hung his head.

"Would you be willing to talk about it?"

"Yes."

*****

And that was how he found himself sitting in the nurse's office with Recovery Girl, All Might, Mr. Aizawa, and Principal Nezu.

"Whenever you're ready Todoroki." Recovery Girl patted him on the knee.

"Can you tell us what's been going on?" Aizawa asked.

"Yes."

"You don't need to do that."

Todoroki frowned, "I thought you were ignoring me."

"You're right, telling them is a bad idea. I'll just let you be in control all the time. It's for the best."

"Sho, just listen to me..."

"Oh sure, listen to YOU!" he stood up, "It's always about you, isn't it?! This whole time, I want to share, and you say no. Now, I finally agree to let you have control, and NOW you want to switch!"

"I was wrong all right?! I didn't realize how much you were hurting..."

"Of course, you didn't..." Todoroki grabbed his head as Shoto took over. He then sat down on the edge of the bed and crossed his arms.

"Todoroki... you're scaring us..." All Might tried to get him to calm down.

"Oh I'm sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?!"

"Todoroki..." Aizawa began.

"It's Shoto!" he yelled, "I... I'm Shoto..." he began tearing up.

"Sho, you need to calm down." Todoroki tried to say gently, "They're never going to understand if you keep yelling..."

"Well, maybe I want to yell! I've never gotten a chance to do it before, and I kind of like it!"

"I'm sorry I suppressed you. But I did it to protect us..."

"Oh, sure! Give me that line again! About how you were so worried about me getting hurt because I'm too emotional! I've heard it all before!"

"I WAS LYING!"

"..."

"What...?"

"I was lying..." he began crying again. "I... I didn't suppress you because I didn't want you to get hurt. I was selfish... I did it because... I was scared..."

"What do you mean?"

"I... the pain... I went through. During training. You couldn't feel it. You could only see it. It was... it was awful. Of course, I didn't want you to have to experience that. But... I was more scared of what would happen to me if I let you out. I was afraid... you would say something to Dad to set him off, then leave me to take the punishment..."

"Todo... I would never do that to you..."

"I... I couldn't take that risk... I was... so scared of what he'd do..."

"Oh Todo..."

Aizawa walked over and knelt down in front of them. He gently placed his hand on their cheek. "I think I get it now... There's more than one of you in there. Isn't there?"

They gently leaned into his hand and nodded. They closed their eyes and let out a sigh of relief. 

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! Go Beyond, Plus Ultra!)