[5] Sanity

"I hope you will be more cooperative today," the investigator announces as he enters the room.

Ekio is sitting in her father's lap, who is sitting in the single chair provided to them. She was half asleep, rubbing her eyes constantly to wake herself up.

"Yes," she yawns at the man.

"Well, that's a better start." He sits down with his partner, who opens his notebook on the table and has his pen at the ready, nodding to his partner.

"Okay, now, when was the last time you saw your parents?" He asks, repeating the same question he had asked over and over again.

"Three and a half years ago, they left us on our own assuming it would be safer." She yawns through her words, looking at the investigator but leaning back into her father.

"Why?" He presses, if she is going to cooperate he is going to make the most of it.

"Because I kept getting kidnapped by random villains," Kio lifts her hands from her lap and onto the table, remembering what she is supposed to do when they come in.

"And when did your brother, Xian Kiami, move in with you?"

"A month or so before the school holiday camp, I don't know how long ago that is."

"Seven weeks ago. Why did he move in with you?"

"Aizawa said he had to because I lied on my school paper about already living with him."

Ekio remembers when it happened. Laying in a hospital bed and having her teacher tell her that Xian did in fact have to live with her, her worst nightmare. Not to mention that Xian had just spent an entire ambulance trip cussing out herself and her boyfriend in front of said teacher. Why Aizawa thought them living together would be a good move after seeing that is beyond the girl but hopefully one day she can understand what her teacher is on about.

"You lied on your school paper?" The man raises his eyebrows at her.

'Is this man dumb?' Ekio stares at him for a moment, wondering why he would ask such a question.

"Yes, I lied about my name, my birthday, who I was living with and my medical records. If I didn't I would have been brought here a while ago." She glances at her father, who is simply watching the two partners nonchalantly as they ask questions.

He most likely received more than her, a lot more abrasive than the ones she is receiving. He was probably treated much worse than she was, yet he continues to comply with them, unlike her.

"State that information to us so we can log it correctly," he says, pulling out his own pen to write into the file.

"If it's been seven weeks, my birthday is in 10 days." She mumbles, breathing in deeply. "My medical record is that I am allergic to most strong painkillers, which is why the hospital doesn't sedate me. I was living with someone but now I am in jail and I am Ekio Kiami, not Ekio Komo."

"Now tell me your involvement with the League of Villains."

There it is, the questions they had been itching to ask this entire time, the reason they want her to talk so much.

"I wasn't involved with them at all." Ekio starts slowly. "I was unaware of Xian's involvement with the League."

They won't believe her, no matter how many times she says it and no matter how much evidence is on her side there is little to no chance that they will ever believe that she wasn't aware of Xian's involvement in the biggest villain organisation of today. Because family knows everything, don't they?