[6] Class

"Will you work with them today?" Itsuki asks as another chair is brought into the room so the two can sit on separate chairs this time.

"Depends what they ask," Ekio mumbles back.

She had another night filled with waking up and deep breathing. This time Itsuki was there to help her, combing his fingers through her hair and making sure she is okay as she drifted back to sleep. But it doesn't stop the tiredness from setting in.

"What's bothering you."

"Would you want to talk about your kidnapping?" She snaps at her father, her eyes flashing for a second.

The Quirk metre around her neck beeps loudly at her, making her sigh.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine Ekio, this is not something that someone your age should be having to deal with," Itsuki mumbles, bringing his cuffed hands over her head and hugging her to his chest for a moment.

"Alright, let's get this over with," the investigator, who has refused to mention his name to either of them, walks into the room again, his partner close behind.

He has brought a tablet in with him, to record the meeting and anything important Ekio says. His officials have told him to crack down on her, so he will.

Ekio ducks out of her father's arms and takes a seat in the new chair provided. Her father follows suit, sitting down next to her. The investigator turns the recording on and sets the tablet to the side.

"Let's start off slowly shall we?" He offers her a smile, "when did you notice there was someone intruding at the camp?"

Ekio notices that he is changing the questions, breaking them down so she doesn't have the same reaction as the day before.

"I thought I heard fire," she mumbles, "so I went to find Aizawa-sensei."

"When was this?"

"During the night, we were doing a test of courage in the forest." Her voice isn't as animated as it was yesterday it is quieter, colder. "I was sitting beside Katsuki Bakugo and Shoto Todoroki before I left for the building to find Aizawa-sensei."

"And can you tell me who else was around when you left?" He asks, his partner scribbling things down quickly.

If the recording fails they need to have another record of what she has been saying.

"Most of Class 1A, the test was coming to an end when I left."

"And when you went to find your Sensei, what happened on the way?"

That question itself tells Ekio that he has already spoken to her Sensei, he already knows what has happened.

"I was intercepted by one of the members, the class watched me get pulled into the forest by my legs. I managed to escape and make my way to the classroom to warn my teacher." Ekio explains slowly, her hands tightening around each other on the table.

"You 'managed' to escape?" The investigator narrows his eyes at the girl.

Ekio looks back at him, trying to read him. If he wants to know what happened, to get as much content out of her as he can he wouldn't be focusing on the small details. The small details only matter when he wants to prove something.

He wants to find something to give her the guilty verdict. He wants her behind bars.

"I used my Quirk, without my Sensei's permission, to break up the ground and run away as I have the upper hand in rocky terrain." She looks down at her hands. "Aizawa told me to stay put in the building while he went to get other students and I also didn't listen to him then, I went back out."