Chapter 5

5

"Kehkar Batana Zaruri Hai Kya?"

"Why now?" Asad looked at her figure seated opposite him, knees folded, head resting on her hands draped over her knees. Her white dupatta floated in the gentle breeze lightly grazing the overgrown grass making her look angelic.

"Jee?" he asked, softly.

She simply looked around the place and lightly shrugged; questioning.

Why now? she asks. Careful eyes. Careful smiles.

Because...

... I had gone so long refusing to allow myself to feel any kind of love. Because the moment I saw you in this very dargah, somehow this soul knew...

You were going to be either the death of me or the life of me.

I couldn't control it. Even when I wanted to. I know, because I tried. I tried like hell, Zoya.

Because when I got to know you mind, heart and soul, my priorities shifted. My life flipped.

Because you were a thunderstorm, who took me with you to paths I never knew could exist.

I felt myself wanting your heart. Your attention. Your everything.

I was good at lying to myself, though.

I did it often.

I still do.

Because it scares me how much I would give, just to see you everyday. Because I sure as hell didn't want to hurt you. Ruin you with my past. I did anyway, though. So much. More than once.

And now? Now I only plan to spend a lifetime making it up to you. Showing you parts of this heart, that you breathed life into.

That's. Why.

"It felt right." was his three-word answer.

Zoya smiled and hugged herself closer.

Somehow, she'd heard the unsaid. His eyes talked. The silence after his lips moved; saying.

"Let's get you home, it's getting late" he offered her his hand.

She took it quietly.

It was much later at night, when she lay awake reminiscing in her bed, staring at the same moon that had witnessed their love tonight.

Oh, it was love! She'd always been sure about that.

They were just in a fight right now. And once they got out victorious, they'll able to speak the unsaid. Until then, she would keep discovering whatever he gave. Hungrily. Greedily. Chapter by chapter. She'll keep reading him.

🌼🌼🌼

DAY 2

Zeenat saw the giddiness on Zoya's face the next morning. Anwar and she shared a look and breathed easy. Whatever she might showcase, she knew their happiness belonged together. And if they passed this hurdle together, then nothing would ever come between those two.

The Khan Villa wasn't far from the mellow tunes of bliss either.

There was a spring in his step and melodies on lips.

The ladies of the house, pinched themselves, wondering if they'd imagined him singing in the kitchen, pouring coffee, singing some more. There was no grin on his face, nor a wide smile. But they knew that this was a man who was deliriously happy.