I

You were so excited tonight was the festival for the Tulkan. You waited all year for this. Finally you had the chance to show off your dancing skills to the whole clan. It was important to you to show off your skills. It made you proud to be part of the Metkayina clan when you could bring joy and happiness to those around you with your dancing. You were hoping tonight you'd catch a certain Na'vi's attention.
The other dancers were bustling behind you while you applied your body paint. You were thinking over the dance routines in your head. ~I hope he watches me and I really hope he enjoys it~
You could hear the drums getting louder and the people cheering you knew it was getting close to your time. You and four other dancers made your way to the beach in front of everyone. You closed your eyes and took a breath to calm your nerves. When you opened your eyes you saw his were on you. Aonung. He was sitting beside his father at the front. Good, he wouldn't miss a thing. The drums started again and with them you began to move your hips. You smiled as you felt the rhythm through your body. You moved your hands and hips to the music. Every so often you'd glance towards Aonung to make sure he was watching and every time you looked he was looking right back. You finished your dance and the crowd erupted in cheers. You were out of breath but so happy that you made your people proud. Then the drums changed rhythm. They started playing for everyone to join in the dancing. Aonung excused himself from his father and approached you. You were too busy congratulating the other dancers on their performance to notice until you felt a lite tap on your shoulder when you turned around your breath caught in your throat.
" May I join you?" He asked not breaking eye contact.
" I don't see why not" you blushed slightly hoping he wouldn't notice
He smiled at you and took his position opposite you. You knew immediately what dance he wanted to preform with you. You weren't expecting this. This dance was for close friends and mates. You would consider Aonung a friend but you didn't think you were this close. It didn't matter though, you were so happy he wanted to do this dance with you so you took your position and when the drums signalled you began your dance with him. He was better than you thought he'd be. He was surprisingly light with his feet and he never missed a beat. You moved around each other closely but never touching. You were nervous to dance with him and you sensed he felt the same. The contact barrier was broken when you both put your right palms together and moved around each other. With that a tension was lifted and you both began to relax, moving more fluid and relaxed. The dance soon turned almost into a game. Both of you laughing and smiling together. Dancing around each other and enjoying the music. You were so distracted by him that when you spun you almost lost balance but before you could lose your footing he caught you by your waist. The music stopped right on time both of you out of breath and laughing while he held you steady. Little did you know about the conversation his parents were having in the background.
" she makes him happy" Tonowari said smiling at the couple dancing and laughing together.
" If she is to become the next Tsahik she will need more training in medicine" Ronal replied.
" She will learn fast with a great teacher like you instructing her" Tonowari said playfully nudging her shoulder with his.
Ronal smiled and looked up at her mate. " Then it is decided. They will be mated."