5-iron man 2

WASHINGTON D.C.

Senator Stern: Mr Stark, could we pick up now where we left off? Mr Stark. Please.

Tony: [turns around from where he was trying to talk to Pepper who looks like she was trying to tell him off.] Yes dear?

Senator Stern: Can I have your attention?

Tony: Absolutely.

Stern: Do you or do you not possess a specialised weapon?

Tony: I do not.

Stern: You do not?

Tony: I do not. Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon.

Stern: The Iron Man weapon.

Tony: My device does not fit that description.

Stern: Well... How would you describe it?

Tony: I would describe it by defining it as what it is, Senator.

Stern: As?

Tony: It's a high-tech prosthesis. That is... That is... That's actually the most apt description I can make of it.

Stern: It's a weapon. It's a weapon, Mr Stark.

Tony: Please, if your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen...

Stern: My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America.

Tony: Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending or what state you're in. You can't have it.

Stern: Look, I'm no expert...

Tony: In prostitution? Of course not. You're a senator. Come on.

[People laugh. He waves. Pepper does not look impressed at all. He mouths "no?" and she shakes her head.]

Stern: I'm no expert in weapons. We have somebody here who is an expert on weapons. I'd now like to call Justin Hammer, our current primary weapons contractor.

Tony: Let the record reflect that I observed Mr Hammer entering the chamber, and I am wondering if and when any actual expert will also be in attendance.

Justin Hammer: Absolutely. I'm no expert. I defer to you, Anthony. You're the wonder boy. Senator, if I may. I may well not be an expert, but you know who was the expert? Your dad. Howard Stark. Really a father to us all, and to the military-industrial age. Let's just be clear, he was no flower child. He was a lion. We all know why we're here. In the last six months, Anthony Stark has created a sword with untold possibilities. And yet, he insists it's a shield. He asks us to trust him as we cower behind it. I wish I were comforted, Anthony, I really do. I'd love to leave my door unlocked when I leave the house, but this ain't Canada. You know, we live in a world of grave threats, threats that Mr Stark will not always be able to foresee. Thank you. God bless Iron Man. God bless America.

Stern: That is well said Mr Hammer. The committee would now like to invite Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes to the chamber.

Tony: Rhodey? What?

[Rhodey walks in, Tony gets up to greet him] \

Tony: Hey, buddy. I didn't expect to see you here.

Rhodey: Look, it's me, I'm here. Deal with it. Let's move on.

Tony: I just...

Rhodey: Drop it.