3

Sasuke felt that if he'd still had both his arms, they would've been crossed in derision. As it was, his remaining right arm could only hang limply at his side as he stood next to Naruto in the Hokage Office. Shikamaru, Sarada, Boruto and Mitsuki were all there, and both Hinata and his wife had joined too (Naruto didn't want to bother his father - in - law too much). Kawaki was also standing in a corner, sneering in disinterest. So the office was feeling a bit overcrowded at this point, especially to Sasuke's tastes. In the middle, looking mightily awkward, were the three (rogue?) ninja. Sasuke had to admit, Sarada had been right about the kunoichi: her hair really was the same as Sakura's. But he was largely focused on the black haired boy: just how did he have the Sharingan?

"So... are we just gonna stand here?" The whiskered boy asked suddenly, arms crossed as all attention turned towards him. The pinky shot him a glare, to which he just shrugged.

"No, but we can start if you're so impatient," Shikamaru said in his usual I-don't-give-a-shit voice. "Who are you guys and why are you posing as Hidden Leaf shinobi?"

"We're not posing-."

"Menma," the third rogue warned. The black haired one - Menma - huffed but conceded. The other boy stepped forward, ignoring the tension in the room.

"Before we answer any of your questions, how about you take a look at this." He reached inside his sleeve as Sasuke's hand went to the hilt of his blade. Hadn't they patted them down for weapons? However, the boy only pulled out a worn scroll, remnants of sealing chakra clinging to it.

"A scroll?" Naruto murmured questioningly. "It looks familiar..."

"It just looks like any other old scroll," Boruto dismissed, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up baka Boruto," Sarada hissed as Shikamaru took the scroll. Unfurling it, Sasuke noted the surprise on his face. Handing the scroll to Naruto, Naruto also had the same reaction. Gently placing the scroll down, Naruto met the boy's eyes.

"Where did you get this?"

"It fell on top of us," the pink kunoichi said. "Menma wasn't being careful."

Menma gasped in hurt.

"Mem! Minato knocked the shelf, not me!"

"Yeah, but you were supposed to be keeping an eye on him!"

"I was waiting for Sensei!"

"And you couldn't keep an eye on a 2 year old?!"

"It's usually 'Suki's job!"

"No it's not! He just knows how to keep you in line!"

"Ahem-," Naruto tried to intervene, but to no avail.

"You still can't blame me!" Menma sneered.

"I totally can!" Mem shot back.

"Konohamaru Sensei said he had it under control!"

"But Minato is your-."

"The Hokage is trying to speak, so quiet," Sakura suddenly cut in, eyes flaring. Sasuke bit back a smile: he loved his wife. Naruto nodded at Sakura as the two quieted down.

"Did you say Konohamaru Sensei?" Boruto cut in before Naruto could say anything.

"Boruto-," Shikamaru tried.

"Oh, um, no?" Menma said, scratching his head in a 180 change of emotions.

"You so did."

"I did not!" Menma shot back.

"He's like you were," Sasuke murmured to Naruto, earning him an unimpressed look.

"Boruto, your father is trying to speak." This time Hinata intervened, Byakugan activated. A chill went through the room as Boruto backed away, smiling shakily. Naruto shot Hinata a grateful look, then, for the millionth time, started speaking.

"Instead of diving right in and asking who Minato is or why you mentioned Konohamaru, I'm just going to make sure: this jutsu has been used, correct?"

Naruto was pointing at the scroll on his desk, and the level headed boy responded with a nod. Shikamaru groaned.

"This is such a drag."

"What does that scroll do?" Sasuke interjected. Naruto sighed.

"This scroll has a special jutsu that the Fourth Hokage created: the Dimension Meet Jutsu. Upon opening the scroll, the jutsu is activated, so we don't actually know the specifics.

"But according to records, this jutsu allows a user to "switch dimensions" or essentially travel to a parallel universe."

Silence.

"So you understand now?" The boy asked.

"Are you all from another universe?" Sarada gasped.

"Yep," Mem confirmed.

In the corner, Kawaki felt the urge to laugh.

"I think I feel a migraine coming on," Shikamaru sighed sadly. 

Poor Shika 😅