4

Menma knew he was being a brat, but truly, he was very uncomfortable with this situation. Especially with the way everyone was so similar yet different. So he kept his arms crossed and mouth shut as the adults looked at them in varying degrees of astonishment.

What did you expect, kit?

"Now that that's over, let's start again," Houki said, ever so practical. "My name is Houki-."

"Ha, so we were right!" Boruto interrupted.

"It was obvious he was lying," Mitsuki agreed.

"-And the two next to me are Menma and Memory," Houki finished.

"What about your last names?" Hinata asked softly.

Menma shot a questioning look at Houki, who seemed undecided on that front. However, Sasuke cut in before the chunin could give his order.

"That boy-," he began, pointing at Menma, "has the Sharingan."

The office went silent again, but Menma didn't understand why they were so surprised. Another universe, duh. Also-.

"My name is Menma, not that boy," he said, annoyed.

"You have the Sharingan?" Sarada asked, black eyes wide.

"Why is that so surprising? I'm from another universe!"

"But did the-," Sakura began hesitantly.

"Yeah, the Uchiha Massacre happened," Memory said in a low voice. "There was only one survivor. It looks like this dimension is the same."

"So that would mean-," Shikamaru said, putting things together.

"You're other me's son," Sasuke finished. Menma didn't respond, blue eyes angled downward. He felt Memory move next to him, hands clenched in her ninja dress.

"Well, you're right," she said nonchalantly.

"So his name is Menma Uchiha?" Mitsuki asked in his low voice. It was so familiar it made Menma shiver.

Kit, focus on hiding your chakra, not your feelings for a certain snake boy-.

"Uh, actually, that's not his full name," Memory explained softly.

"What do you mean?" Naruto asked, interest piqued.

"I took my mum's clan name as well," Menma said, looking into those blue eyes so similar to his own.

***

Houki was tired and just wanted to nap. Why oh why did he have to be the one chosen to replace Mitsuki on Team 7? He would rather be with Hisaku and Kawaki on Team 9... actually, that's a lie, he'd rather be home with his dad, cooking and chatting, keeping him company while papa was on a mission. But nooooo, he had to be dragged into this mess, and what's worse is his chunin status! It means he's in charge of two potential firecrackers! As Houki mourned his peaceful day, he noticed the change in atmosphere of the office.

"You took your mother's clan name too?" Lord Seventh asked, confusion splayed across his face. Houki didn't blame him, as usually one only took one clan name. But then again, Memory, Menma and Houki all had hyphenated names. Not wanting this to get out of hand, Houki decided to speak up.

"We all have hyphenated last names," he said dryly, fiddling with his mask. "See, my full name is Houki Hatake Umino."

"Are we revealing last names now?" Memory whispered.

"What reason do we have to hide them? Besides, I'm not entirely sure they'll believe us," Houki whispered back.

"And they have this world's scroll, which we need," Menma reminded them.

"What are you whispering about?" Shikamaru asked, frowning.

"Strategy," Houki said nonchalantly. He turned his black eyes back towards the Seventh, stopping when he saw the buffering look on Naruto's face.

"Um, Lord Seventh, are you ok?" Houki asked.

"Umino? Hatake? Are you somehow related to both Iruka Sensei and Kakashi Sensei?" Sakura asked instead.

"Right on the money. They're my dads."

"Houki, I think you killed Lord Seventh," Memory said. Menma giggled next to her.

"This is priceless," he said between laughs. Memory bonked him, none too gently, on the head. He shut up after that.

"So you're saying... that Kakashi Sensei and... Iruka Sensei... are your parents?" Naruto said slowly.

"Yes."

"So you're adopted," Sarada assumed.

"No," Houki answered, tilting his head slightly.

At this point, Houki thought it might be easier if he just blurted it all out in one go. But having some information secret wasn't a bad thing...

***

Memory was absolutely done with this shit. She didn't even have to use her Byakugan to know how badly everyone in the room was buffering from Houki's remark. He was supposed to be the calm one!

"That's not possible..." Sakura said. Memory shot her a glance, pushing back her identical hair.

"It's actually not, not with tailed beast chakra."

Shikamaru, the only one who didn't seem to be buffering, raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Tailed beasts are essentially genderless," Memory explained with a long suffering sigh. "That means Jinchuriki are also essentially genderless. Or really, they are both genders at once. Sharing tailed beast chakra with others can allow for others to experience this change as well. That's how my mums had me and how the Sixth and master Iruka had Houki." She decided not to mention Menma's situation yet. Sakura had shaken herself out of her stupor, and was scribbling notes down on some paper she had gotten from who knows where. As the others roused themselves, Sakura looked Memory dead in the eye.

"Am I your mother?"

Memory saw Uncle Sasuke freeze out of the corner of her eye. So they really were together here. Meeting Sakura's gaze, she nodded.

"So mama and papa aren't together in your world?" Sarada asked, eyes glimmering in an unknown emotion.

"Sorry, but no."

"Actually, are my parents together in your world too?" Boruto asked suddenly. His eyes conveyed that he wanted it to be true, but Memory only shook her head.

"Nah," Menma said, arms resting behind his head. "Besides Mem mentioned she has two mothers. And she's obviously a Hyuga. Guess who?"

"Men', this isn't a game."

"It's still entertaining."

"Well, I can't argue there."

"So is Hinata your other mother?" Shikamaru interrupted before the two could go off on another spiel. Memory just nodded, noting her other parents' reactions. They didn't look unhappy: just shocked.

"Then, Menma's parents are..." Shikamaru trailed off, eyes wide.

Menma grinned, and in that moment, all the adults recognised that smile.

"I'm Menma Uzumaki Uchiha, dattebaki! Nice to meet ya!" 

Sorry if this is moving so fast, but I've got a bit of writers block soooo