10

Menma could feel Kurama's displeasure at using that jutsu, his chakra healing Menma's arm.

Kit, Naruto had to learn Sage Mode before he could use that jutsu safely.

I know Kura, but it was worth a shot.

As the dust cleared, Menma's sharingan picked up subtle movement, prompting him to slide his foot back into a combat stance. And not a moment too soon, as Kinshiki came flying out of the dirt cloud, axe aiming for Menma's head. He whipped out a kunai just in time to meet Kinshiki's blow head on - which was not the smartest move, as the kunai shattered under the weight of the axe. In the split second before the axe hit him, Menma felt Kurama's chakra shift, going from the basic orange - red to a shimmering gold. With new speed, Menma leapt backward.

He felt a trickle of warmth on his cheek: it seemed he wasn't quite fast enough.

Thanks Kura for the boost.

Focus!

The golden chakra surrounding him receded as he jumped away towards where the others were - or at least he tried to. Kinshiki intercepted him, slightly slower than before. This close, Menma realised Kinshiki hadn't been able to absorb his rasenshuriken completely: his sharingan picked up on disturbed chakra paths. Chakra paths that seemed to be deteriorating before his eyes. In fact, the absorption device on his arm was smoking: Menma was no technician, but he was pretty sure it was broken.

Memory suddenly jumped in, punching Kinshiki and sending him flying a distance that would make Sakura proud.

"You ok, Menma?" She asked, byakugan scanning him with worry.

"I'm fine, Mem'."

"You're bleeding," she said flatly, quickly reaching into her pack and pulling out a cloth. Efficiently she cleaned his face, even as Menma winced at the roughness. Memory's hands glowed a muted green.

"I really don't need healing for this..."

"Shut up," Memory snapped. "You know you aren't supposed to use the rasenshuriken!"

"It's fine! Kurama helped-."

"He can only heal you so much!"

Menma opened his mouth to retort (even though he knew his best friend was right) just as Sasuke, Houki, Boruto, Sarada, Kawaki and Mitsuki body flickered into being next to them. Immediately, Sasuke fixed Menma with a glare that inspired no fear at all (after all, Menma had seen this look countless times, though Naruko maintained that that wasn't necessarily a good thing).

"What were you doing? Jumping in like that?!"

Menma crossed his arms. "I told you, he's after me, and I can take him!"

"You should really let us all help," Sarada said matter of factly, pushing her glasses up. "We've fought Otsutsuki before."

Menma sighed, even as Houki voiced his agreement.

"Look, I've fought this guy twice before: let me handle his attacks," Sasuke said, three tomoe spinning. "You guys should focus on getting the ninja device away from him."

Memory wished Menma wouldn't be so reckless, but she'd known him her whole life and knew there was fat chance of that. So as Kinshiki reappeared, she fixed a harsh gaze on him, forcing blue eyes to meet pale ones.

"Work with me."

Sasuke leapt into battle, engaging Kinshiki as this world's team 7 (plus Kawaki) scattered, Houki weaving signs rapidly.

"Ok," Menma agreed. With a quick grin, Memory leapt away, moving towards Sarada while observing the fight. Kinshiki's chakra paths had definitely been damaged by Menma's attack, so she was confident that with a little more damage the otsutsuki would start to struggle. Landing next to Sarada, she looked at the Uchiha girl, raising a fist.

"Let's hit him together. Full strength," she whispered. Sarada nodded, gathering chakra in her hand. Memory closed her eyes, delving into the chakra she stored in the diamond on her forehead. Black lines spread down her face and arms.

Both girls waited for an opening.

Boruto watched as Kawaki let his Karma mark grow, his left eye imitating Isshiki's jutsu. Boruto could feel Momoshiki's power just under the surface, but using it would condemn him, so he kept careful control over the mark. Weaving the signs for a lightning jutsu, he coated his kunai in electricity, sharing a nod with Kawaki. Mitsuki's snakes had managed to wrap around Kinshiki's legs, thanks to the sinkpit Houki had created, slowing his movements slightly. The buzz of a chidori made the two boys lunge towards the floundering otsutsuki as Sasuke attacked from the front. Unbidden, the jogan activated in Boruto's eye, and he saw Sarada and Memory also instigating an attack, strange black lines curling around the latter's limbs.

The five ninja hit Kinshiki at the same time, an assault from all angles, garnering significant damage.

"Step back!" Shouted Houki suddenly, hands once again weaving the signs for a sinkpit. The dirt around Kinshiki became akin to quicksand as the ninja jumped back, Mitsuki's snakes restricting the otsutsuki's movements. Instinct told Boruto to look up. His eyes widened.

A golden figure was descending, a massive rasengan in its hands.

"Take this dattebaki!"

Boruto realised that it was Menma just as the boy struck Kinshiki.

Memory didn't release her byakugou, darting forward as Kinshiki collapsed.

"8 Trigrams 64 Palms!"

Focusing her chakra in her hands, she attacked Kinshiki's remaining chakra points, effectively sealing them off. Menma, still standing on top of Kinshiki, gave her a thumbs up. Both of them could see Kinshiki was done: blocked chakra and massive destruction. His axe sat broken next to him, losing its red glow.

"Did it work??" Boruto jumped in, hair in disarray.

"I think so," Sarada responded.

Mitsuki smiled at Boruto as his snakes returned to him. Houki pulled out a long wire as Sasuke pulled out rope from who knows where. The next few minutes were spent tying the otsutsuki up and Memory checking for injuries. Konohamaru rejoined them, having sent his summon to Naruto with a message explaining the situation.

"I guess the mission is off, then," Boruto said, crossing his arms behind his head.

"It should be, because there's a more pressing issue: how did our Kinshiki get to your world?" Houki said. 

Hi guys and gals and non binary pals! Sorry I've been gone so long... I just started uni and am pretty busy. I am also struggling with my mental health, but I really wanted to get this chapter out. I thought this story might be reaching its end, but honestly, it feel like I could continue this for quite a bit. What do you guys think? 

Thank you so much for reading! Hope the fight scene is up to par  😅