Chapter 1

Ink Pov

I woke up to my alarm set for 3:00 am, my eyes shot open immediately and I turned it off, not wanting to wake anyone up. I really didn't want to have a bruise on that first day of school. I stretched and yawned, then got up and did my morning routine. Once I was finished, I got changed into my school uniform and put my jacket and scarf on top. I put all my school stuff, art stuff , and my wallet, phone, charger, etc.., and put that into my backpack. By the time I was finished it was 3:30 am. Since I didn't want to see my "family" I got my keys and quietly snuck out the door, hoping the school would let me in. Once I got out the door, I had chills go up my spine, I mean, what if my class doesn't like me? I really don't want to talk, I'll just use my whiteboard to speak. I knew that the walk to school was about ten minutes, maximum. So I walked there with a normal pace and saw the gates open. Thank goodness, that just let's me avoid the crowd. I walked into the school and got out the paper I had for a guide, it had my schedule, locker, and classroom. I'll be bringibg my backpack with me so I decided to go straight to the classroom. I looked around for my classroom, Room 9-S. After about a minute of roaming the halls looking, I finally found my classroom. I noticed that it was open and went inside, closing the door behind me. There was a seating arrangement poster on the wall, my desk was in the very back corner, next to the window. I walked over and sat down at my new desk, already feeling anxious, luckily I have my anxiety meds in the backpack just in case. I noticed that there was a garden on the school campus with a big tree, I couldn't see it well because it was still dark. I have to admit, the school is pretty creepy at this hour, but it's fine, I've been through worse. I'm guessing the early people usually come at around 5:00 am. It's currently 3:45 am. I guess I'll just listen to music and draw in the meantime. I got out my headphones and put on some songs, also getting out a sketch book, eraser, and pencil. I layed them out and started drawing. I didn't really know what exactly to draw. I usually just go with what my mind tells me, or just go with random stuff. I started drawing, starting with a sketch, then line art. Once I finished, I signed it and put the date, I don't know why, it's not like anyone would want it anyways, I just do it out of habit. I checked the time, 5 minutes had past. It was now 3:50 am. Sure, this was boring, but it's better to be early than late. I had mastered my magic skills, for self defense, might as well mess with that, maybe find something new to do. I got a small paintbrush from my pocket. I leaned back in my seat, looking in the air. I drew a circle in the air, and an ink circle came from the tip of the paintbrush, the circle also floating in the air. With my other hand, I slowly made a fist around the ink, and the ink slowly got more and more compressed together, by the time my hand was clenched into a fist, the ink looked like it disappeared. I brought my hand back down to me, then opened it. There, a small ball of ink floated just above the palm of my hand. I know I can do my magic without the paintbrush, but it feels cooler with it. I look at the time. 4:00 am. Welp, I'll just look out the window. I turned my head to the window, the flowers being easier to see now. The school garden was beautiful. A mixture of each different color, and the big tree having enough space for two people to sit under it comfortably. I spent a while gazing down at the schools garden. After a while, I checked the time, 4:55 am. Then I heard footsteps in the hallways, then, I heard the classroom door open.
? : So anywa- *Gasp*
? : Dream, that's a new student!
Dream : Oh really? Let's go say hi Swap!
Who I'm guessing was Swap, ran over to me as if I was a celebrity. I quickly turned over to them, looking kind of scared.
Swap : Hi! Are you new here? My names Swap!

I was hesitant to respond, but slowly nodded my head yes. Who I'm guessing was Dream, walked over to me, following behind Swap.

Dream : Hello, I'm Dream, what is your name?

I felt a positive energy around Dream, I was still hesitant, but got my whiteboard and marker and wrote "Ink"

Swap : Oh, what a nice name!
Dream : Oh,you must be mute.

Suddenly, the door flew open, making a huge "bang" sound, I jumped into the corner because I was startled.

Dream : Nightmare! You startled the new student, Ink over here!
Nightmare : And that's my problem, how?
Swap : Come and say sorry!
Nightmare : nah, I'd rather not.

Nightmare and large tentacles, and was covered in some kind of goop, and had a negative energy coming from him. He had 3 other skeletons following behind him, one with block tears, the second with a hoodie, and third with a cracked skull. All four sat at their own desks, Dream and Swap doing the same. I got out of the corner and sat at my desk. I was still bored, and I knew parkour, I also need quick escapes, just incase something happens here and the main exit is blocked. I looked around and saw a vent, perfect. I quickly created a screwdriver and bounced off the walls and unscrewed the vent and went inside, in five minutes, I cleaned the vent system, also making pathways, it's not like anyone would check up here for a missing kid anyways. I put the vent cover back with loose screws while going back down. Swap, Dream, Nightmare, and the three other skeletons were still there, and had witnessed me. Crap, I had forgotten about them.
I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. So I just slowly dusted myself off and sat down back at my desk. They still stared at me.
Nightmare : Dream, wanna explain what your little friend "Ink" just did?
Dream : I- I- I don't know
Nightmare : Swap?
Swap : We've only just met them, I don't know either!
Nightmare : Killer, you do weird stuff right? Do you do that shit?
Killer : Why am I your first resort?!
Nightmare : Horror?
Horror : Nope.
Nightmare : Dust??
Dust : I know my names Dust and all, but I don't do that stuff.
Nightmare : Alrighty, Ink, who are you, and what the fuck did you do to the vents?

I tensed up since Nightmare was actually really intimidating. I got my whiteboard and wrote "I'm new here, and you can find out that later. "
I flipped it over, showing them.

Nightmare : Great, he's mute AND new. I suggest we don't speak of this.

I checked the time, 5:10 am. I erased my whiteboard and decided to just put my head down and wait until class starts. Few by Few, the classroom started filling up with students. By 5:50, the class had every student inside, no one noticed me through all the chaos, thankfully. 10 minutes later, the bell rang, the chaos calmed down and the teacher came into the class.

Time for homeroom.