Around The World

You were planning a little getaway for you and Namjoon. On your laptop, you were trying to find a place on an island off the coast of Scotland. Even though the weather is often unpredictable around there, the scenery was always breathtakingly gorgeous. You wanted to find the perfect place to stay, somewhere with plenty of walks around it — Namjoon loved walks. You also wanted it to be a surprise, but life, fate, or whatever you wanted to call it, had a different plan.

Finally finding the perfect place, you clicked on it feeling excitement bubble inside you. But that bubble was popped as soon as you heard Namjoon’s voice from down the hall.

"Y/n, I’m home!"

Panic kinda slapped you in the face and you sat there frozen. You shot your head to the door where you saw Namjoon appear.

"Why do you look suspicious?" he smirked.

All you could do was nervously laugh.

'You idiot,' you thought.

"What’re you doing?" he said while plonking down next to you but not without you hurriedly turning the laptop away from his view.

"Nothing," you replied a little too quickly.

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows at you. "Come on, you can’t be watching porn, can you?" he joked while reaching for your laptop.

You proceeded to outstretch your arm, keeping the laptop out of reach. But forgetting that Namjoon was a lot taller than you and his limbs, therefore, longer than yours, he almost grabbed the laptop. However, you quickly put your other arm on his chest, trying to push him away.

"No I’m not watching porn but — Namjoon stop it!" you strained out.

Both of you were flailing your arms about, grunting out protests. And when he stood up, you realised you were done for.

"No!" you exclaimed as he simply grabbed the laptop from your hand.

A triumphant smile appeared on his face and you would have scoffed or rolled your eyes at him if you weren’t feeling so nervous. Namjoon took a look at the screen of your laptop then looked back at you, confusion etched on his face.

"This is what you were hiding?"

You only looked down. He tried connecting the dots. If you were going on a trip with a friend you would have told him, unless you were cheating on him, but he trusted in you so much to know that wasn’t possible, right? So you must have been planning this for him?

"It was supposed to be a surprise," you spoke up, your voice quiet but loud enough to break Namjoon’s thought process. But he felt he still needed to confirm the question that was nagging at him.

"For me?" he asked.

You looked at him, this time your brows were furrowed. "Of course for you, who do you think—what?"

Namjoon moved his eyes to the side, hoping you wouldn’t have noticed the subtle cheating question. But you seemed to read his mind.

"Oh my gosh no!" you exclaimed, your voice higher and louder in pitch making him jump. "No! Why would you think that? You…stupid-head." Your voice trailed off.

Namjoon couldn’t help but laugh at your weak insult. He looked down and sat next to you again.

"I’m never here," he started, "I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted to be with someone who spent more time with you." He couldn’t bear to even say the words 'break up'. "I feel like I’m not spending any time with you."

He looked into your eyes and you could see the worry in them, he had thought about this a lot. You gave him a soft smile.

"That’s why I planned this. So I can get to spend more time with you." You pecked him on the lips to reassure him and said, "Please don’t worry about that. You make me feel loved all the time and I’m so grateful for you."

Namjoon’s smile widened, slightly flustered, and took you into his embrace, your head on his chest.

"Where are we going?"

"Scotland," you replied, excitement painting your face again.

"Hm. I’ll look forward to it." He kissed your forehead. "Well, I would have done the same. Baby," he said.

You hummed as a question.

"I would have planned trips like you have done. Thank you, by the way."

You hummed again.

He whispered, "I can’t wait to take you around the world with me."

"Really?" you asked softly.

"Of course. Taking you to my favourite places is something I’ve always thought of."

You hugged him tighter.

"I can’t wait."