CHAPTER 6

"God damnit." Mia groaned under her breath as she struggled to plug the new phone into the wall.
Unable to see what she was doing, she let out a yelp when she felt a small shock on her fingertips. She sighed and threw the phone on the bed out of frustration. She stared at the nightstand and opened the drawers hoping that it would be easier to push if it was emptied, Jack watching her struggle as he ate at sandwich in the doorway.
  "Need help?" He smiled at her, Mia giving him a deadly glare in return. "Alright, whatever." He chuckled, throwing his hand in the air surrendering to her attitude while walking away.
She poured the items out of the top drawer and onto the bed before moving onto the second one. She pulled the handle, but it was jammed. She pulled again and again, but still nothing.
"Jack, can you come here please?" She continued to yank on the handle. She threw her head back feeling defeated. He was ignoring her, and she had no clue what to do.
As she headed to go downstairs, Jack was already halfway up the steps. He said nothing as he pushed past her, throwing a screwdriver and a hammer onto the bed.
"What're you gonna do with these?" She looked at the tools and turned to him when she heard him growl. Dirty thoughts filling her head immediately as he moved the heavy stand with ease.
   "Instead of standing there looking pretty and staring at me, how 'bout ya hand me them and I'll show ya," he snapped as he sat on the floor after flipping the stand forward. "For someone who's rich sure as hell has a cheap nightstand."
Mia's jaw clenched at the rude comment. She bought Tony that nightstand.
She handed him the tools and watched as he placed the screwdriver on the backside of the drawer. He took the hammer and began hitting the end of the screwdriver with it which eventually created a giant hole once he was finished, Mia reading over the receipt for the phone.
"No wonder. It's jammed with a bunch fucking of envelopes."
   "Envelopes?" Mia snatched the letters from Jack's hand, her heart sinking. They were letters from Jenni. "Are there anymore?"
He said nothing as he got off the floor picking up pieces of the drawer that were chipped away.
"Jack, are there any fucking more?" Tears streamed down her face.
   "The whole drawer. I don't know why you torture yourself like this knowing he isn't over her." He shook his head as he grabbed the tools, Mia fuming with anger as he left her there to cry alone.
   "Oh, just like you and Anjelica?"
He stopped in his tracks and turned around.
    "You're already crying so I'll say this nicely. I told you, do not bring her into this just because you're insecure. She moved on and so did I. Understand?"
He glared at her as he held the doorknob.
"Do you understand?" His tone of voice was serious, and it broke her heart even more.
  "Yes, you asshole," she cried out. Her tears fell onto the letters, and she sniffled as he left the room.

• • • • • • • • •

Tony tapped his fingers on the table as him and his cast members did a table reading. He looked at the clock and began getting antsy. He hadn't heard from Mia in twelve hours and his gut was telling him something was wrong.
"I'll be right back," he whispered to Emma Thompson.
She nodded acknowledging him as she continued to read her part aloud.
He walked down the long corridor and into a dark room, shutting the door behind him. He picked up the phone and called Mia but got no answer. He sighed and sat there listening to the clock ticking. He picked up the phone again and grabbed a giant phonebook. His adrenaline ran through his body as he quickly dialed the number for a nearby cab service.

Foreign Touchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें