Fugitive On The Loose

You were sitting on the side of the hospital bed with your feet dangling over the side. You were all changed and ready to leave. Jamie and Joseph felt that it would be best for you to stay with one of them since you were still struggling to really do anything and the police still hadn't found Brad. You had changed into one of Jamie's shirts and a pair of loose bottoms that he had brought in to you the previous day. You heard a light knock at the room door and you looked up to seeing Jamie slowly coming into the room.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," he apologized as he walked over towards you.

"It's okay," you replied and he gave you a kiss. "I'm still waiting on my discharge paperwork."

"Joseph is getting some of your things together and dropping them off at my place so that you have clothes and your stuff there," he said and you nodded your head. "You ready to get out of here?"

"Yeah," you replied in an unsure voice as you nodded your head and looked down.

"You don't sound too sure," he said as he reached for your hand and took it in his.

"They haven't found Brad yet. What if he comes looking for me?" you asked as you looked down at the floor.

"Hey," he said as he brought his free hand to the bottom of your chin and slowly tilted your head up until you locked eyes with him. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I promise you that," he said as he looked into your eyes.

He leaned down and gave you another kiss just as the doctor had entered the room with your discharge papers.

"Good morning, Y/N...Jamie," the doctor said as she acknowledged us both. "I have your discharge paperwork here. I just want to go over some things before you leave the hospital. Make sure that you don't do any heavy lifting or anything like that until you are completely healed. Keep the stitch area clean. If you do happen to start to bleed, if the stitch were happen to come out, please come back here so that we can get you stitched back up," she explained and you nodded your head.

She continued to explain everything that you needed to know before you signed the paper and you were on your way out with Jamie. As you walked out of the hospital, you felt unsure about your surroundings. There were a few paparazzi waiting outside as they started to take pictures and shout questions at the both of you. Jamie helped you over to his truck that was sitting in a close parking spot as he made sure that they kept their distance. He opened the door for you and you carefully sat down on the seat. You winced as you felt pain on your side.

"Take your time," you heard Jamie say as you sat there for a few seconds.

"Alright, give them some room," the security guard said as he backed them away.

You slowly swung your feet into the vehicle and winced again. Once you were in and ready to go, Jamie closed the door and walked around to his side of the truck. He got into his side and closed the door as the security guard continued to try and hold off the paparazzi. 

"They weren't here when I first got here," Jamie said as he backed out of the parking spot.

"Have they been here the whole time?" you asked as you looked out the window.

"There were a few when you first came in, but there are more there right now," he said as he headed out of the parking lot.

As he pulled out onto the street, you looked out the window. You were nervous to be out of the hospital, now that you weren't completely protected. Every car that you passed by, you felt like you needed to look to make sure that it wasn't Brad. You were brought out of your thoughts when you felt Jamie take your hand in his. You looked over at him and he gave you a small smile. The light turned green and he started to drive again.