A Big Step

*6 MONTHS LATER*

You were standing in the bathroom applying some makeup to your face. You, Jamie, and Joseph had plans to go to dinner. Jamie had a meeting with his manager, so the plan was just for you and Joseph to meet him at the restaurant. You decided to wear some black jeans, black cami, and brown jacket.

Just as you finished up with your makeup, you heard a knock at the door

Just as you finished up with your makeup, you heard a knock at the door. You walked out of the bathroom and headed over to the door. When you opened the door, you saw Joseph standing there.

"Hey, come in," you said as you moved aside and he walked into the house.

"You about ready?" he asked with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, I just need to put my shoes on and grab my purse," you said as you headed over to where you heels were. "I'm so hungry right now," you said as you slipped one of the heels on and zipped up the side.

"Is Jamie still at his meeting?" he asked as you put your other heel on.

"Yeah, I texted him a little bit ago, but I haven't heard back yet," you said as you checked your phone again before you put it into your purse. "Alright, I'm ready now," you said as you started to walk towards the door.

The drive to the restaurant was not long. Once you both arrived, Joseph found an empty spot and parked. You unbuckled your seatbelt and opened your purse. You pulled your phone out and saw that Jamie had text you back.

"Jamie is already here, so we can go ahead inside," you said as you replied back to him.

You put your phone back into your purse before you both got out of the vehicle. You waited for Joseph to come around before you both walked towards the entrance of the restaurant. Joseph opened the door and held it open for you.

"Thank you," you said to him as you entered the restaurant and headed over to the hostess.

"Good evening. How many?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"We're actually meeting somewhere here. The reservation is under Bower," you replied as Joseph stood next to you.

"Right this way," she said with a smile as she started to walk and you followed behind her.

As soon as Jamie saw you both coming, his face immediately lit up. He stood up as you reached where he was.

"Hey, love," Jamie said before he gave you a quick kiss.

"How did the meeting go?" you asked as you took a seat next to Jamie and Joseph sat down across from you.

"Good. We were just trying to finalize everything with my schedule," he replied as you started to look over the menu.

As the three of you ate dinner, you couldn't help but notice that Jamie seemed like he was being a little quiet and anxious. You didn't want to talk about it at the moment, so you decided that you would just leave it go until you got home. You were just hoping that he was okay.