Chapter 23

*That's Brooklynn*

*Smoke POV *

"I wish you sit your ass down. What the doctor tell you?" i asked Aery who was walking around in the kitchen putting dishes up.

"To rest, but I'm bored baby." She said walking back into the living room to sit on the couch.

"So, Get your ass one of them crossword puzzle shits and quit being hard headed." i said pouring some cereal in a bowl.

"That's not the kind of cereal i want." Aery said with a attitude cuz i told her to quit being hard headed.

"And how you know what kind of cereal I'm pouring and who said it was for you ?" I asked.

"Cuz i can hear it and cuz i know it is. " Aery said.

How tf you can hear different types of cereal?

"Okay then Miss Cereal Whisperer, what kind of cereal am i pouring in the bowl then?" i asked her.

"Frosted Flakes. I want Fruity Pebbles..." she said.

I looked behind me to see if she could see me, but she couldn't.

I laughed, she always doing some weird shit.

I poured milk in the bowl with the frosted flakes, i guess I'll eat em. I pulled another bowl out of the cabinet and fixed her some damn fruity pebbles. I brought her cereal to her and we both sat on the couch and ate while looking at scary movies.

A hour had passed and Aery was laying on me knocked out.

Smh, every damn time i cut on a movie she go to sleep. And SHE pick the movie!

But i don't blame her cuz she pretty far along.
And i know she be tired from taking care of Niala, who is sick, and tryna do housework.

I told her before that she ain't have to be cooking and cleaning like a damn slave, but I let her do it since she wanna play housewife so bad.

I heard Niala crying, and i tried to move Aery off me without waking her up, but that ain't work.

"My baby crying?" Aeryelle got up and said. Rubbing her eyes. She started to walk back to Niala room but i pulled her back gently by the hips.

"I got it boo, relax. " I told her. But she wasn't havin that.

"Imma just go with you to check on her." She said.

I walked into Niala room with Aery right behind me.

We went over to her crib and Niala was NOT in her crib.

We looked at each other confused. But Aery looked more frightened than anything.

We heard something being moved behind us. We both turned around to see Niala. Damn near IN the toy box.

Aery let out a sigh of relief and went to pick her up. She grabbed her and kissed her all over her face. She had her back turned to me, but when she turned around i noticed she had tears rolling down her eyes. At first i was gone act like i ain't see her cuz to be honest, bae is a cry baby. Plus she even more emotional cuz she pregnant. I was finna walk out the room when i started to feel bad for being insensitive. She been thru a lot.

I turned back around and walked over to her. I wiped her tears and held her head up.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked her.

"I just been thinking the worst of everything. You can't even imagine what i thought had happened to Niala." she expressed.

" Why do you think you think that stuff..?" i asked her.