Chapter 19

*Aery POV*

"Smoke, what the hell is your problem?" I asked as soon as we got in the car good.

"You ain't see the way he was lookin at you, but I did." Smoke said angrily.

"Who? Justin? " I asked.

"Who else?" he asked with an attitude. I sucked my teeth at him.

"I don't understand why you're getting angry. You see plenty of dudes look at me and you don't have a problem with them. I Mean, a bitch can't help that she got body. Got ass for days....but it's all yours" I said.

"Justin seem to want it bad tho." He said close to a whisper.

"Baby you have nothing to worry about." I said lookin out the window.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes Smoke, you know I -Ahhhh!" I screamed after feeling a sharp pain in my stomach.

"You okay?" Smoke asked concerned.

"Yea...I'm cool. I just had a pain in my stomach." I said.

"We going to the emergency room." Smoke said, making a sharp left.Here he go...

"Baby,I don't think its that serious..." I said.

"I know...but what if it is..." He said. "You can never be too sure."

"You right..." I said.

"I just don't want anything to happen to the little one..." Smoke said rubbing my belly.

"I don't either..." I said. He rested his hand on my thigh.

About 10 minutes later we arrived at the emergency room. One of the nurses questioned me about my pains and gave me papers to fill out. A few minutes later another nurse called me to the back. We all followed the nurse.

I sat down on the lil cot thingy. The nurse left and soon after a doctor came in. She was a tall, slender, brown skinned, middle-aged black woman with natural curly hair.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Kennedy." She said with a smile.  She held her hand out for me to shake it. I did. She shook Smoke's hand too.

"What seems to be the problem Miss Fulton?"

" Well, we were driving down the road and I got a sharp pain in my stomach. I wasn't too worried about it but my fiancé just wanted to be sure." I said.

"Well congratulations on your engagement! And I don't really see too many men in here supporting their women, so I applaud you for that. And Miss Fulton you should be very grateful to have a fiancé that cared this much about the health of your child."  She said.

"I am. I'm very grateful." I said looking at Smoke who was busy trying to entertain Niala and was obviously not paying attention to anything being said.

"Well let's get you seen about." She said pulling out her stethoscope. She ran normal procedures.

"Where did you say the pain was?" She asked.

"It was right here." I said feeling the bottom of my belly.

She lifted my shirt up, placed her hands on my stomach and examined my belly.

"Hmmm...I don't feel anything out of the ordinary. But just to be safe, let's do an ultrasound." She said.

I got myself together and followed her to the ultrasound room with Smoke and Niala right behind.

With all that shit said and done, Dr. Kennedy said that the baby and I were okay. Smoke told her that I had complications before. Dr. Kennedy have me her card and told me that if I had anymore problems to call her.

I don't know why she being so nice to me, but I feel like I kind of know her.. Weird.

We drove home and there was a car outside the neither of us recognized.

"Lock the door when I get out. No matter what, don't get out the car." Smoke said pulling out his gun.

"Baby, what's going on?" I asked getting worried.

"I don't know...but it can't be good." He said. He then got out the car and I locked the door.

I seen a dude get out the unfamiliar car and walk toward Smoke.

=======

COMMENT.

VOTE

I KNOW ITS SHORT SO DON'T SAY SHIT.