Chapter 14: Sudden Choice

"Well, M'lady let me escort you to dinner." Atlas said jokingly, " Of course my noble saviour." I said back smiling as I placed my hand in his, and then he bent down to kiss my hand. I inwardly squealed.I found some sets and then he sat right next to me. Suddenly a plate of turkey rolls came by us and I grabbed two and then I passed it onto Atlas, he grabbed 3 and then passed it to the next person. Suddenly the same two elderly women came and sat at our table letting out a "harrumph!" as they sat down." Atlessss!" One of them said with a heavy accent that almost made the word unrecognisable, " Yes Grandmother?" he said, serving one of them, " Bah- don't call me that I feel odd." THe other one said, swatting him like a fly, " Uh- yes Queen Mabel and Iris."

The other lady harrumphed again and then twirled her ring, which was made of gold and had a considerable diamond nestled on top. " Who iis zis?" One of them pointed a finger at me, "Uhm, I'm Lady Esme Corrigan." I said trying to seem as ladylike as possible. " Vice Lady," she said, patting my shoulder. I was guessing she meant nice but I couldn't really tell. I smiled politely and then took a bite of the roll, suddenly Genevive came back, her lipstick was slightly smudged and I saw several men with the same lipstick mark on their cheeks. "Ugh ze men here are so bland." she said, taking a ferocious bite of the roll.

" So how are you and my cousin getting along?" she said wiggling her eyebrows, "I like him-but in a friendly way" she raised her eyebrows ''But not in a friendly way, but yes-and no!" I said sputtering as I tried to explain stuff, thank god Atlas was occupied by talking to his grandparents. I decided to get a small portion of salad and in between bites I snuck a glance at Atlas. He caught my glance and then I quickly looked a away blushing, suddenly Genevieve whispered something in his ear and then he choked on his food, "Yes-no-I--" he said coughing,

I let out a small laugh and then took a bite of strawberry cake, "You have cream on your nose." he said pointing to my nose, he chuckled and then wiped it with a napkin. I quickly looked away, "OoH lA lA!" Genevieve said delightedly, right as I was about to say something the bell rang again announcing the end of dinner. I quickly said bye to everybody and then ATlas bent down to kiss my hand again, "It was nice meeting you, I hope we can meet again." he said with a faint smile, "Of course." I said, then I summoned up all the courage I had and then pecked him on the cheek.

He looked shocked and then I quickly ran off to the guest room. While I was in the corridor I ran into Sylvia and Esme "Tonight was the best night ever!" Sylvia said beaming"I'm sure it was," I said happy for both of us. I noticed Clary was also blushing but I didn't question it. Once we got back to the room Sylvia and Clary went to bed, so I drew myself a bath and washed my hair. Then I blew out the candles and went to bed.

This is literally such a short chapter-I'm so flipping sorry. 

-author