Chapter 16: Party Planner

Author's note: Ok so m writing partner changed her name from Sylvia to Elisabeth. So Elisabeth=Sylvia 

ok love you and hope you enjoy the storyy!!!

Esme:

After the incident with the queen, Elisabeth walked off to the ballet room and I decided to give her some space. Francis had told me there was a training room, and that I was welcome to train there. So I decided to put on my training suit and head there. I wasn't very advanced in fighting but I knew enough to fend off a couple of people in case of emergency. I ran there and as I opened the door, I noticed that I stuck out like a sore thumb, I was the only girl, and whereas they had dark blue training suits, I had black. I felt excruciatingly awkward, the instructor scrutinised me with cold eyes and then decided to pair me with the tallest, strongest, and meanest person in the room. "Little girls shouldn't be in here." The guy whom I was paired up with said, " People who wear diapers shouldn't either." I retorted, crossing my arms, "It's a loincloth!" he said exasperated. I let out a tiny laugh and then he put me in the ring, "We are doing hand to hand today." The instructor said, at least that was one thing I was good at. Once the instructor blew his whistle, he charged toward me. He was strong but I was a little faster than him so I sidestepped and then turned and charged again, this time I only dodged halfway so I struck me right in the ribs. His punches were extremely powerful, so it felt like something had cracked and now I was breathing fire. He charged once more, this time grabbing my hair so I couldn't get away. He didn't have hair for me to grab but he had something else. As he pulled me closer I kneed him right where it hurts and he bellowed in pain. Then using that moment I clocked him on the chin with my foot and then punched him in the nose, suddenly he charged again and then I hooked my leg on the back of his to trip him. Wrong Decision. He grabbed my legs and then threw me on the ground. Suddenly the whistle blew and he stopped, I pushed myself up weakly and coughed, spitting out blood. As I got up feeling lightheaded, one person in the line whistled, "She is the first to land a scratch on him!" suddenly and a couple of people clapped their hands. I smiled and then spat out more blood. I dragged myself to the room and then walked in on Elisabeth dabbing juice onto her lips. "Esme-What the." she said grabbing me right before I was about to fall, "What in the world happened." she said concerned, "Training.. Against a giant dude, with muscles of steel." I said sorely. She looked at me, as I coughed up more blood, "You look-no offence." she said, wrinkling her nose" Terrible?" I said raspily. "Yeah, I'll go get a maid to get you some medicine and bandages and you go take a bath." I nodded, lifting myself up. "Oh and there is a engagement party tonight!" she said right before she headed out the door. I went to the bathtub and then drew myself some hot water, and sighed as I peeled off my suit and sank into the tub. I put in some soothing salt and oils and leaned back to wash my hair, trying to ignore the throb that was on the side of my ribs and the stinging of the cut on my back. Once I was done, I rinsed my mouth and then got myself into a bathrobe. By the time I had shuffled out of the powder room the maid was there, she quickly bandaged my cut and then gave me a cup of tea. Then she bowed and left.

I went to the closet and then put on a champagne coloured evening silk dress that was sleeveless and then paired with some silk gloves that were the same colour as the dress. I decided to put my hair in a twist and keep it together with a clip made of pearl. After I put in golden hoops and a necklace that contained two pearls. Once I was done I dabbed on some lipstick and did a light spray of jasmine perfume. I headed to the closest to pick out some heels that also matched the dress then headed out the door. I decided to go straight to the ballroom to see who was there.

Once I arrived I noticed that the ballroom looked the same as before but there was much more red.. There were red heart-shaped candles, a cake with red icing trim, the curtains were red, and at every table there was a fresh bouquet of red roses. I looked around to see Atlas sitting down at the very same bench I had seen him since last time and he was looking through the crowd, once he saw me he waved me over and I joined him. I sat down enjoying the peace until Genevieve popped out of nowhere, startling me. "Esme, Amie!" she said, pecking me on the cheek. She plopped down right in between me and Atlas. She had a red gown that was quite showy, and she had deep red lipstick on that contrasted her blond hair and icy blue eyes. "I have not seen you in a long time, oui?" she said. She ran her fingers through her hair, "Ooh, la, la that man looks magnifique!" she said pointing to the man with the steel muscles who had beaten me up earlier, "Avec moi!" she said and then promptly dragged me away from the atlas and then brought me to see the man with her. I winced, I really didn't want to see him. So as Genevieve was being flirty with the muscle man I slipped away. But then as I was heading back the doors busted open and a flood of people came in. People kept on pushing which was not helping the fact that I had a bruised rib and a cut on my leg, I tried finding my way through the crowd but then suddenly I bumped into Charlotte. "Esme!" she said delightedly, "Charlotte!" I was also delighted, "My, my you look stunning!" Charlotte said looking at my dress, "Oh! Thank you! Your hair looks fabulous!" I said beaming, Charlotte's red hair was down in long beautiful curls and her crown was made of gold and had rubies indented in them. "It's so crowded!" I said, trying not to get trampled, "Indeed, I was trying to find my husband but then the people burst in!" she said.