26.

dedicated to my favorite banana for being one of my first real bff on here and also cause you asked <3

26.

The Bowling Game

~*~

Silena POV

Percy didn't look so good the next day. He kept his hood up and sat in the very back corner of the classroom.

It seemed like he was avoiding us because every time we tried to talk to him, he would short answer us and walk away.

I didn't know what was up with him but Grover insisted that he was just tired because he had recording sessions for the whole week straight.

The good news was that today was the last day of school before winter break which was great.

The whole group was going bowling together later today to celebrate but I wasn't sure if Percy was going.

Even though he still smiled and joked and teased us like the old Percy, it was hard to believe it.

"Percy," I said, snapping my fingers in front of him as he stared off into outers pace. 

It was lunch time and everyone was wondering if he was going bowling with us later.

"What?" Percy asked, shaking his head and looking at me. "I'm sorry, I was just... distracted."

Distracted by Luke's arm on Annabeth? Or distracted by the fact Drew was snogging Matt Sloan again?

"Are you okay?" Grover asked, a concerned look on his face.

"I'm fine," Percy promised. "What were we talking about?"

"We're going bowling after school, you coming?" Jason informed him.

"I-" Percy stared at Grover for a second and they seemed to have their little telepathic conversation.

Grover was nodding his head, Percy was shaking his head, Grover was pointing at Percy and then pointing back to his own hand and smacking himself.

Percy raised an eyebrow at him before laughing. "Sure," he said smoothly. "I'll go."

Grover nodded in agreement. "Good, cause I was trying to tell you that if you weren't going I was going to smack you."

"You smacked yourself," Percy pointed out.

"Yeah, but it was supposed to be you," Grover corrected.

"Okay, Goat Boy, whatever you say," Percy said, laughing.

I think most days when Percy laughed or smiled it was all forced because when he used to smile, it could light up the whole room and there would be a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Everything he was doing was for us. Truthfully, he didn't want to go bowling. He wanted to stay home and do whatever he did at home but he knew if he did that, everyone would worry about him.

I saw his white carnations at the Charlie's grave the other day. I knew it was from him because he was the only one who didn't want to go visit him with the entire group.

I wanted to ask why, but part of me already knew.

He didn't want us to see him cry.

"Give it back!" I heard Percy complain. "Silena, tell Jason to give me my Jolly Ranchers back!"

"Jason," I said sternly. "Give our little boy his Jolly Ranchers back."

"He can easily buy more!" Jason defended.