28.

dedicated to my favorite croissant cause you're so slay and literally one of the sweetest people I've ever met. thank you for being my friend <3

28.

The Second Concert

~*~

Silena POV

Two nights of listening to concerts was insane.

I always knew that all my friends were talented but they were really talented.

Percy, Annabeth, and Calypso were all so amazing singers and it was like being in heaven listening to them live.

The one bad part about it though, was that everyone wouldn't stop fricking screaming. 

It was like their whole life depended on screaming in a concert or they'd be so disappointed in themselves.

The songs were mostly the same from yesterday and today's concert was half an hour earlier, at 6:30. 

It was 7:45 right now and tonight, I was in the audience.

"IS IT ALWAYS THIS LOUD?" I had yelled to Piper who was standing beside me.

She laughed. "Yep!"

"I think I'd rather stay backstage," I muttered.

"I haven't performed this song yet," Percy introduced. "But this song is about wondering if things will ever get over and what would happen if you never get over the person you want so desperately to get over. This is 'What If I Never Get Over You!'"

"It's supposed to hurt, it's a broken heart," he sang softly. "But he movin' on is the hardest part. It comes in waves, the letting go. But the memory fakes, everybody knows, everybody knows."

"What if I'm tryin', but then I close my eyes," the audience chanted along with him, "and then I'm right back, lost in that last goodbye? And what if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?"

Percy smiled, nodding towards the beat. "Maybe months go by, maybe years from now. And I meet someone and it's workin' out. When I say the words, she can see right through. 'Cause when I look at her-" He held the mic up to the audience and pointed to us, telling us to finish the lyrics.

"YEAH, ALL I SEE IS YOU."

"What if I'm trying, but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back, lost in that last goodbye? And what if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?"

He had great control over his voice and I wasn't sure that even Jason could sing this.

Percy smiled at the crowd and then shouted, "Sing it!"

What if I never get over?
What if I never get closure?
What if I never get back all the wasted words I told you?
What if it never gets better?
What if this lasts forever and ever and ever?

"I'm trying," Percy took over, "but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back, lost in that last goodbye. And what if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do. What if I never get over you? What if I gave you everything I got? What if your love was my one and only shot? What if I end up with nothing to compare it to? What if I never get over you?"

"What if I never get over you."

The last line ended and the audience burst into applause and more screams.

"Thank you so much!" 

He walked out of the stage as Annabeth came back.

"Hey guys! I know you've liked this song a lot so here it is: R U Ok! Sing along if you know the lyrics!"