42.

42.

The Hospital

~*~

Drew POV (yay!! or noooo ?)

"Tell them I'm sorry," he whispered into the phone, sounding drained and exhausted. "Tell them I love them. Tell them it's better this way, they'll understand."

Before I could formulate a response in my head, the line went dead.

I knew something was wrong when he picked up the phone. I could tell from the way he sounded way too tired as if he had been taking sleeping pills. I could tell from the way his voice was slurred together as if he had been drinking.

I didn't know it would've been this wrong.

"Percy?" I shouted into the device. "Percy?!"

"What's going on?" Grover asked, coming over. "Why are you shouting?"

"I don't know!" I said, heart pounding. "Percy collapsed on the phone and he just said to tell you guys that he's sorry and he loves you and that it's better this way and that you'll understand but I don't know what's happening and I'm scared!"

Grover blinked as I said that all in one breath but then it hit him and he cursed under his breath.

"Let's go," he said, walking out of the bowling area.

"Go where?" I asked, struggling to keep up with him in my heels.

"To find him, you idiot. He's probably drank way too much alcohol or tried to kill myself again."

Again?! What do you mean 'again'?!

"Which one is more possible?" We stopped at Grover's car and flung the door open. Grover had gone through his phone and was calling our friends and telling them where we were going.

"Wait!" someone said, rushing up to us. "Let me come with you!"

Before I could say anything, Grover cut me off. "No," he said. "He's going through a lot and you should be the last thing on his mind, Annabeth."

"But-"

"He doesn't want to see you," Grover insisted. "Now get out of my way before I run you over."

He had turned into overprotective best friend mode and I couldn't blame him.

We pulled out of the parking lot before I could even put my seatbelt on.

"So which one is it?" I asked as he sped down the streets, way over speed limit.

"Which one is what?" He sounded impatient as we waited at a red light.

"You said it's either he drank too much alcohol or tried to kill himself," I reminded him.

"Oh," Grover said, running the yellow light. "Either one is possible."

"What do you mean 'again' though?"

"Again as in he tried to kill himself again," Grover said impatiently. "Keep up Drew."